ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

JSA, WTC and CTC Allowance

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ILR.2012
Newly Registered

JSA, WTC and CTC Allowance

Post by ILR.2012 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:57 pm

Hi there

Myself and wife have been granted ILR in Feb 2012. we have a child who is just 8 months old.

I wonder if someone would be able to answer our query listed below;-

I work FT and earns 26150 GBP per annum before tax. My wife is housewife and dont work but she has got a NI no. Even tho she is living in UK from the past two years but she didn't work here.

As our joint income is more than 26k threshold, we were told that we cannot claim either WTC or CTC.

We would like to know whether she can claim JSA or will it effects her BC application in future?

Also note that we have calculated an estimated allowance via Directgov, it shows that she can get JSA?

Please advise on this as we are struggling with finances at present.

Thanking you

Sam

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:56 pm

She can't get income based jsa if you are earning 26k plus a year. She won't get contribution based either if she has never worked here.