ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application invalid

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

moma

ILR application invalid

Post by moma » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:46 pm

Sent my application on the 30.04.12.

So i have been waiting and today got a packet from UKBA :( . The letter enclosed said my application was invalid because the number on your card is invalid. My visa expired 12.06.2012 today so obviously very frustrated and anxious if it took 6 weeks to tell me that the application was invalid how long will it take to get the application back.

I intend on making another application asap. Query, i can be refused because of the alleged mistake. Strangely, enough we double checked the card number and there has been more than adequate funds to pay for the apllication fees. Secondly i noticed some of the pages from the application have are missing including the payment page. I stapled the form and upon return the staple had been taken off and pages are now missing.We called the bank to find out if there have been attempts to take payment and they said no one had tried to take payment.

I know i am just speculating but is it possible they may have mixed up the forms and written a letter so that we would send another copy of the payment sheet and other pages that are now missing.

Will i get refused im so worried. Anyone been through the same thing or on the same boat.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:50 pm

Payment pages are not returned and are destroyed by UKBA as a matter of routine.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:52 pm

they always remove the staple from the form and they always remove the payment page because it is discarded after they take payment (or attempt to do so). when the form is sent to the caseworker they just send it from the personal details page. What other pages were missing?

Did you keep a copy of the payment page?

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:28 am

moma

Post by moma » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:37 pm

Yes i kept a copy of the whole application, well actually no i filled in one application form then copied it onto the new one so that i didnt mess it up.My visa has expired now and then they sent my application back as invalid. The misers.So that it arrived on the day it expired. So there is the risk of them rejecting it citing that it was an out of time application.

:( That is at least another 3 months on top of the 6 weeks i have been waiting for the payment to go through. we were keeping an eye on the card to see if they have taken payment and I knew, i had a gut feeling cos they normally take payment within a week of them getting the application.

It so unreal, i just cant get over how they are so slow at corresponding. They better deal with my application in good time. I am going to write a letter everyday i have a stack of 2nd class stamps that i got ready for letters from me on the regular. That is 6 weeks out of my life i will neve rget back waiting and worrying. Strangely my case is so straightforward i had everything they needed. Yet they dont give a reason why the payment failed.

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:58 pm

Unfortunately it's not uncommon for the processing clerk to key in the card number incorrectly.

moma

Post by moma » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:55 pm

Oh well joys of being a migrant in the UK. now my daughter wont get to go on holiday over summer thanks to the catastrophic sytem which is the UKBA. What a year? One other thing do they need my husband's passport i haveincluded the naturalisation certificate. He needs his passport for work.Its complicated before the return he had called and requested for his passport's return. which was suppose to arrive in roughly 2 weeks.