ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Extension - Earnings in another country

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

danielvmn
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Extension - Earnings in another country

Post by danielvmn » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:35 am

Hello All,

I have a Tier 1 and my current job in UK doesn't reach the required £35k for the extension, but I'm doing remote consultancy work for another company in my home country and with my earnings there applying the coefficient summed with my UK salary is enough for my renewal.

For extension, can I also provide proof of earnings from my consultancy work, along with my salary in UK?

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:39 am

You cannot apply any uplift ratio to your overseas earnings while applying for an extension.
Give me more Karma (+)

danielvmn
Newly Registered

Post by danielvmn » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:47 am

QuickSam wrote:You cannot apply any uplift ratio to your overseas earnings while applying for an extension.
Well, that's unfortunate, I still have one year until my renewal, here is to hope my situation changes.

Thanks for the reply

thebionicredneck2003
Member of Standing

Post by thebionicredneck2003 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:21 pm

Get another job to make up the earnings. Simple.

Kind Regards

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Post by silent_warrior » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:34 pm

Just to clarify/add to the comments above. You can use overseas earnings for the work done abroad without the uplift ratio (as the uplift ratio is no longer applicable). If you want to use your overseas earnings along with your UK earning you would need to refer the Tier 1 guidance policy
Check for the following points
105. Earnings made overseas must be converted into pounds sterling so that we can assess them. The official exchange rate we use is the one produced by OANDA.
106. An applicant should use the closing exchange rate on the OANDA website at www.oanda.com/currency/classic-converter on the last day of the period for which he/she has claimed earnings in that currency. This is an independent website, for which we are not responsible