ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa from Russia

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Cornflower
Newly Registered

Post by Cornflower » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:07 am

Hello,
I applied for spouse visa last evening. I filled the application form online, paid the fee £826 and at the moment there are no appointments available until 9th of July 2012.
Could anybody tell me please what date is considered as applying date? The date I actually paid the visa fee or the date I bring the documents to VAC. I am applying in Russia. Sorry, I couldn't find the information in Statement of Intent.
Thank you.

mcovet
BANNED

Post by mcovet » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:12 am

Cornflower wrote:Hello,
I applied for spouse visa last evening. I filled the application form online, paid the fee £826 and at the moment there are no appointments available until 9th of July 2012.
Could anybody tell me please what date is considered as applying date? The date I actually paid the visa fee or the date I bring the documents to VAC. I am applying in Russia. Sorry, I couldn't find the information in Statement of Intent.
Thank you.
as bad as this may sound, in my opinion it is the date you SUBMIT your application, the payment only secures a certain appointment which may be cancelled for any reason. Keep checking the website, hope there will be some cancellations.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:15 am

Date of entry clearance application is the date when one pays the associated fees.
See What is the date of your application if you are applying from outside the UK?

Keep the payment confirmation in safe custody.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Assist_ark

Post by Assist_ark » Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:41 am

Wow! Cheers for clearing that out. You have a good eye for details.

So just to be absolutely sure. In his case, even though he submits on the 10th. Fact that he paid before 9th, means his application went in before 9th and therefore would apply to current (pre 9th) rule, yh?

Cornflower
Newly Registered

Post by Cornflower » Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:22 am

Good morning,

Thank you very much.
So, there is a chance for me :)

I hope they will not change this on Home Office website.

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:47 am

The website reflects the immigration rules so they can't just change it.

Paragraph 30 states that:
An application for an entry clearance is not made until any fee required to be paid under the Consular Fees Act 1980 (including any Regulations or Orders made under that Act) has been paid.
Visa4UK's terms and conditions state that:
A valid application is one where an application has been completed on the Website and We have received the required Fee.

Cornflower
Newly Registered

Post by Cornflower » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:00 am

This is just perfect!

I am so grateful and happy I found this forum :)

Thank you so much!