ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

COA confusion

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

lolo82
Canada

COA confusion

Post by lolo82 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:14 pm

Hello all

I have recvd my COA today and my partners EEA1 cert. on my COA it states "The applicant has not provided satisfactory evidence
of his or her identity or his or her relationship to the EU citizen".

Am wondering if anyone has had that on their COA? Could my app be return/rejected? Am hoping once the case worker looks through my app, they will be satisfied as I feel I have give enough evidence to support our relationship.

fingers crossed

catnap2012
Newly Registered

Post by catnap2012 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:07 pm

Hi, I received my COA today as well and it does not have that message. :?

catnap2012
Newly Registered

Post by catnap2012 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:39 pm

Hi again

I just reread my letter and it does have that message at the back, but not in the main body of the letter. At the back there is the 'Question and Answers'. The question at the top is 'Why are you unable to confirm my right to work in the UK whilst my application is being considered?'

One of the answers is:

'The applicant has not provided satifactory evidence of his or her identity or his or her relationship to an EU citizen'.

I didn't that that applied to me though, I thought it was just a general thing they put at the back of all the letters, because there is also an answer about 'The applicant is seeking to remain in order to provide day to day care for an EU citizen..' which doesn't apply to my application.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Re: COA confusion

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:04 pm

lolo82 wrote:I have recvd my COA today and my partners EEA1 cert. on my COA it states "The applicant has not provided satisfactory evidence
of his or her identity or his or her relationship to the EU citizen".
What part of your application is unusual?

Did you send your passport?

What is the relationship between you and the EU citizen? What did you send with the application as proof of the relationship?

lolo82
Canada

Post by lolo82 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:05 am

Well now, I feel silly... When I opened the post from Ukba, I read everything to quickly and thought that the 3 statements on the back if my coa ALL applied to me. After going back I realise I was wrong and they were general statements. Thank you for replying :)

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:15 am

lolo82 wrote:Well now, I feel silly... When I opened the post from Ukba, I read everything to quickly and thought that the 3 statements on the back if my coa ALL applied to me. After going back I realise I was wrong and they were general statements. Thank you for replying :)
That means you are human!
What exactly does it say on the back of the COA? What does a COA look like in any case?

ikidunot
Newly Registered

Post by ikidunot » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:04 am

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:What does a COA look like in any case?
It would be wonderful if someone could upload a picture of their COA for us to see what one looks like. (With the necessary areas redacted for privacy, of course.)

lolo82
Canada

Post by lolo82 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:07 am

The CoA is essentially a Letter with Certificate of Application in bold at the top. It states the 6 month rule, asks the applicant not to contact the UKBA and at the bottom of my letter states that they cannot confirm my right to work. (I applied as an unmarried partner).

On the back of the CoA it has Questions and Answers in bold. the next lines are:

'Why are you unable to confirm my right to work in the United Kingdom whilst my application is being considered?

We are unable to confirm eligibility to take or continue in employment in the United Kindom where- (it was the word 'where' that i missed)

- The applicant is seeking to remain in order to provide day-to-day care for an EU citizen child who is exercising European free movement rights in the United KIngdom as a self-sufficent person.

- THe applicant is an unmarried partner or an extended family member (for example, the brother or sister) of an EU citizen who is exercising European free movement rights in the United KIngdom.

- The Applicant has not provided satisfactory evidence of his or her identity or his or her relationship to an EU citizen.

On a side note - my partners EEA1 Card didnt come in his passport but in a passport-sized, pamphlet style blue card. is that how the EEA1 usually come? it would be handy if my EEA2 came like that considering the UKBA returned my passport to me. I didnt request it back but it was returned with a letter stating 'your passport has been returned to enable you to travel'. Im not going anywhere...:)

Oh UKBA, how you bring a smile to my lips and a tear to my eye...

lolo82
Canada

Post by lolo82 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:08 am

ill try to post a picture now :)

lolo82
Canada

Post by lolo82 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:21 am

I have taken a picture but am not sure how to get it from my computer to te post :( sorry

If anyone knows how to upload a picture, let me know and i would be more than happy to do so :)

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:42 am

lolo82 wrote:I have taken a picture but am not sure how to get it from my computer to te post :( sorry

If anyone knows how to upload a picture, let me know and i would be more than happy to do so :)
Please do not post a picture which has your personal info showing!

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:19 am

You can find an example of the CoA (although a bit difficult to read) on page 31 in the comprehensive guide for employers. It is the one to the left.

EEA national documentations are never placed in the passport. The EEA1 Registration Certificate come in a stand alone folded "wallet". For RC, the HO will just put it on A4 page if they don't have the passport.

lolo82
Canada

Post by lolo82 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:19 am

I have blocked all of my details from the letter. It was just the generic body of the letter.

lolo82
Canada

Post by lolo82 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:35 am

Thank you jambo and directive. The wallet RC would have been handy but ill just be grateful for my RC when I receive it :)

ikidunot
Newly Registered

Post by ikidunot » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:02 pm

lolo82 wrote: I didnt request it back but it was returned with a letter stating 'your passport has been returned to enable you to travel'.
The UKBA now returns passports when they're not requested from them?