ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Driving without Insurance Naturalisation application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

cash
Newly Registered

Driving without Insurance Naturalisation application

Post by cash » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:43 am

Hi,
I was driving a car without insurance in September 2008 and was convicted in Magistrate's Court in March 2009. I have 6 penalty points on my licence.
I have finished more than a year after my ILR and am due for Naturalisation.
My conviction does not show up on my Enhanced CRB Check.
Please let me know:
1. If I should apply for Naturalisation wihout declaring my conviction as it does not show up on my CRB check. Does HomeOffice check DVLA database for every application?
2. Will my five year spent period end in September 2013 or March 2014.

If there is a chance I would like to apply for Naturalisation as soon as possible.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:47 am

Were you driving using an international driving permit at that time?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:46 pm

It immaterial if he was driving on international driving license or Uk driving license or with no driving license at all.

What matters is that he was convicted of an offence in court of law, and he hasn't mentioned but I am sure he got a monetary fine given as well.

Fines take five years to get spent from the date of conviction.

Not having something appear on crb does not mean that conviction is spent. This particular conviction is not a recordable offence, and hence does not appear on crb.

Conviction will be recorded on DVLA computer. I do not know whether UKBA checks DVLA record of each and every applicant, but yes, from members posts make it clear that at least some have been caught out when they did not declare a driving conviction. In any case, it is not wise not to disclose something on the form when they specifically ask for it to be declared.

If you do so, and they find out, then not only will they refuse your application, they will also bar you from naturalisation for next ten years.

cash
Newly Registered

Post by cash » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:36 pm

Thanks for your reply.