ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Purchasing property for mother for her visit visa - HELP ?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mzeeshan

Post by mzeeshan » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:11 pm

Hi all,

My scenario is that I have a mother aged almost 60 living in Pakistan. She is a house wife and a widow. She has no property , house, money and totally financially dependent on me but i don't normally send her money every month rather i deposit huge chunks like 12 lakh or more in her account whenever required.

My question is i have to show some strong ties for her visit visa which i am sponsoring alone. So if i purchase some land/residential plot/house for her on her name and submit 20lakh in her account, and wait for at least 6 months for her correct bank statement to show the transactions in her account. Then would it be sufficient for her visit visa requirement of strong ties?

The only strong ties that i can show is that my younger sister (unmarried) is living with her.

Please respond Gurus.. i have read almost all the docs but there is nothing that talks about strong ties requirement. pointer/links would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

M.Z

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:04 am

well, because there is no such sure shot ABC list of proving strong ties. The application is decided on what they call "balance of probabilities".

With such an amount of money in her account back home, and also owning a property will be strong points, but there no one can still guarantee the outcome of application. The weak points could be that she is financially dependant on you and that she has no regular income back home in pakistan.

mzeeshan

Post by mzeeshan » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:47 pm

asim72 wrote:well, because there is no such sure shot ABC list of proving strong ties. The application is decided on what they call "balance of probabilities".

With such an amount of money in her account back home, and also owning a property will be strong points, but there no one can still guarantee the outcome of application. The weak points could be that she is financially dependant on you and that she has no regular income back home in pakistan.
Thanks for the reply but can you elaborate a bit more Plz.

mzeeshan

Post by mzeeshan » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:53 pm

Hi all,

Guys plz plz help me here as i really really need to file a geniuine case for my mother. I have purchased a property on her name now since i last posted this Q. she already has 10 lakh in her account. Do i still need to send her money on monthly basis for her statement or i can skip that and only attach the property papers and her bank statement for that money in her account ?

Plz PLz gurus help me . Looking forward anxiously...

Thanks
Regards
M.Z

Ozair

Post by Ozair » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:44 am

Hi,

I can suggest that you contact your MP and request him to write a letter to home office to support your application.

You should also write a letter stating that it will be your responsibility to bear all costs related to her health, accommodation, and travel during her stay and you will make sure that she leaves before her visa expires. You must give all your details in the passport and visa and possibly get it signed by a solicitor so you are legally bound to what you have stated.

If you have got ILR or british citizenship, you may also apply for her ILR visa, contact a solicitor in this regard. A friend of mine with a similar case has been successful in getting her mother's ILR visa. She is aged 65 and retired and her only son is in uk and a british citizen now.

mzeeshan

Post by mzeeshan » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:39 pm

Ozair wrote:Hi,

I can suggest that you contact your MP and request him to write a letter to home office to support your application.

You should also write a letter stating that it will be your responsibility to bear all costs related to her health, accommodation, and travel during her stay and you will make sure that she leaves before her visa expires. You must give all your details in the passport and visa and possibly get it signed by a solicitor so you are legally bound to what you have stated.

If you have got ILR or british citizenship, you may also apply for her ILR visa, contact a solicitor in this regard. A friend of mine with a similar case has been successful in getting her mother's ILR visa. She is aged 65 and retired and her only son is in uk and a british citizen now.
Thanks for the suggestion. All the Letters you mentioned are already prepared and done. But I am asking about the bank statement and evidence of strong ties from my mother side. how to go about that part. Every thing else is easy and also mentioned in the guidance doc. So my Q still stands...

Moreover my mother age is 56. I am on Tier 1 G visa and expecting ILR in about 3 years so as per new rules on 9th july 2012, i can only apply a general visitor visa for her without having the right of appeal.. :(

Suggestions about how to show her strong ties and how to prepare her bank statement would be much appreciated... Looking forward to more pointers...

Thanks.