ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non-EEA citizen spouse of Irish citizen?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Franco7
Newly Registered

Non-EEA citizen spouse of Irish citizen?

Post by Franco7 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:48 pm

Am in a online relationship with a girl from Pakistan for 10mths now and we want to be together in real so she is looking to come here but we know the only way that can happen and for her to remain here is to marry and the plan is to do that in her country, I've read alot of stuff on the INIS website and its not very clear cut.
What I'd like to know is if I decide to go over and marry her will I need to sign a declaration here first then go ahead and is their a possibility that she can return with me and gain entry to the state without a tourist visa or does she need to stay there and apply for a tourist/spouse visa to join me?
I hope their is someone out there who can throw some light on what am talking about.

Thanks,
Francie

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:29 pm

as a spouse of irish national she will need a visa to enter ireland. following the marriage she will have to apply for a spousal visa. The application for visa will be considered based on your relationship history, your ability to support her, etc.
From what you posted, I already see the problem with the relationship history as emails, skype and non-contact relationship does not count much.

Franco7
Newly Registered

Post by Franco7 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:21 pm

agniukas wrote: From what you posted, I already see the problem with the relationship history as emails, skype and non-contact relationship does not count much.
Right so she wouldn't be allowed enter the state until the visa is approved and it would have to be more evident than skype, emails etc but how else can you prove that your relationship is legit over a certain amount of time?

realhope

Post by realhope » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:56 am

Franco7 wrote:
agniukas wrote: From what you posted, I already see the problem with the relationship history as emails, skype and non-contact relationship does not count much.
Right so she wouldn't be allowed enter the state until the visa is approved and it would have to be more evident than skype, emails etc but how else can you prove that your relationship is legit over a certain amount of time?
stamps on you passport that you visited pakistan during your relationship history
photos together
and a letter detailing the marriage history
WITH MY BEST WISHES FOR ALL WAITING FOR THE POSTMAN

Franco7
Newly Registered

Post by Franco7 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:21 pm

[/quote]

stamps on you passport that you visited pakistan during your relationship history
photos together
and a letter detailing the marriage history[/quote]

Ahh cheers mate btw forgot to mention we did meet in Dubai with pictures to prove so I thought about that too.

Thanks

Franco7
Newly Registered

Post by Franco7 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:38 pm

realhope wrote:
Franco7 wrote:
photos together
and a letter detailing the marriage history
Ahh cheers mate btw forgot to mention we did meet in Dubai with pictures to prove so I thought about that too.

Thanks

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:11 am

So.. it's a marriage of convenience?
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

wumoyuay
Newly Registered

Post by wumoyuay » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:15 am

can you prove that your relationship is legit over a certain amount of time?

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:02 pm

its hard to get visa for ireland in these curcumtances.you have to meet few times you should have documentary evidence you know each other before marriage took place.i can understand in pakistani law is more strict meeting woman before marriage.because they have arrange marriage.i think you should try visa for uk rather than ireland.because uk still have thousands cases like this .good luck

Franco7
Newly Registered

Post by Franco7 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:39 pm

Ben wrote:So.. it's a marriage of convenience?
Well more in the way of wanting to be together its not seen as a ticket for her to get into europe as am sure is the case with alot of that and I can understand you need to show evidence of your relationship, but I mean how much evidence is enough emails, chat conversations, pictures together isn't classed as being in a relationship with someone is beyond me and I will be going in October to marry but returning without her so she can apply for her visit visa here which to me is the right way.

Franco7
Newly Registered

Post by Franco7 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:40 pm

IQU wrote:its hard to get visa for ireland in these curcumtances.you have to meet few times you should have documentary evidence you know each other before marriage took place.i can understand in pakistani law is more strict meeting woman before marriage.because they have arrange marriage.i think you should try visa for uk rather than ireland.because uk still have thousands cases like this .good luck
I don't see why it would be easier to look for a visa for the UK?

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:58 pm

Franco7 wrote:
IQU wrote:its hard to get visa for ireland in these curcumtances.you have to meet few times you should have documentary evidence you know each other before marriage took place.i can understand in pakistani law is more strict meeting woman before marriage.because they have arrange marriage.i think you should try visa for uk rather than ireland.because uk still have thousands cases like this .good luck
I don't see why it would be easier to look for a visa for the UK?
Because then you would be covered under EU law (directive 2004/38/EC - Google it) and have an automatic right to have your family member (spouse) reside with you provided you are exercising treaty rights (working, self-employed, self-sufficient with health insurance). Your future wife will also be able to travel around Europe, visa free, provided she travels with you or to join you.
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:56 pm

[quote="Monifé"][quote="Franco7"][quote="IQU"]its hard to get visa for ireland in these curcumtances.you have to meet few times you should have documentary evidence you know each other before marriage took place.i can understand in pakistani law is more strict meeting woman before marriage.because they have arrange marriage.[b]i think you should try visa for uk rather than ireland.[/b]because uk still have thousands cases like this .good luck[/quote]

I don't see why it would be easier to look for a visa for the UK?[/quote]

Because then you would be covered under EU law (directive 2004/38/EC - Google it) and have an automatic right to have your family member (spouse) reside with you provided you are exercising treaty rights (working, self-employed, self-sufficient with health insurance). Your future wife will also be able to travel around Europe, visa free, provided she travels with you or to join you.[/quote] thanks monife

Franco7
Newly Registered

Post by Franco7 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:45 pm

But the idea is for her to join me in Ireland where I live and work why would I want her to live in the UK unless of course you mean by applying for a UK visa she can still automatically join me in Ireland in anycase or am I missing something here?

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:11 am

Franco7 wrote:But the idea is for her to join me in Ireland where I live and work why would I want her to live in the UK unless of course you mean by applying for a UK visa she can still automatically join me in Ireland in anycase or am I missing something here?
There are more conditions on spouse of Irish nationals than there is on spouse of EU nationals (EU citizen living in a country other than that they are national of). Under EU law, it is your RIGHT to have your spouse live with you if you are an economic migrant (ie: living and working in EU country apart from the one your are a national of).

If it is too complicated for you or you can't be bothered to research it, just keep going the way your going. If she has no previous negative immigration history and you have plenty of money to support her and you have at least 3 (I say 3, there is no actual number but there should be a few) face to face visits, then hopefully, the visa should be approved.
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton