ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

unemployed with tier 1 visa , advise on extension

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

gee2013
Newly Registered

unemployed with tier 1 visa , advise on extension

Post by gee2013 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:19 pm

Was awarded tier 1 visa Feb 2011 but due to work commitments overseas was only able to relocate to UK in Oct 2011.

Despite good work experience have not managed to secure any full time employment for the past 9 months now, only a two month temp. contract which has just ended.

My concern is the 12 month earnings for visa extension. Would a change of circumstance application assit in my first extension application or are there other avenues I can persue to meet requirments for extension.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:25 pm

For extension you have to either make the required earnings or be denied the visa. There is no "change of circumstance application" which would waive the requirement for a specific amount of earnings (or any other requirement for that matter).

The best suggestion to make up the earnings requirements fairly quickly would be to get some contract work.

republique
BANNED

Re: unemployed with tier 1 visa , advise on extension

Post by republique » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:44 am

gee2013 wrote:Was awarded tier 1 visa Feb 2011 but due to work commitments overseas was only able to relocate to UK in Oct 2011.

Despite good work experience have not managed to secure any full time employment for the past 9 months now, only a two month temp. contract which has just ended.

My concern is the 12 month earnings for visa extension. Would a change of circumstance application assit in my first extension application or are there other avenues I can persue to meet requirments for extension.
As you were here only part of the year and this is the first year, you can argue that you should only have to make the prorata amount of the salary yearly requirement. Hopefully you made that amount in the 2 months you worked. It is of concern that you are unemployed but again we are in a recession so again you can point out that the economic crisis has made it hard to enter the market and you'd appreciate additional time to get yourself settled properly.

t1s2010
Member of Standing

Post by t1s2010 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:52 pm

@gee2013.

Republique is being funny here. :)

Either you fulfil criteria or you don't.
You need to earn the amount for the period.
Adjustments won't work.

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:53 pm

t1s2010 wrote:@gee2013.

Republique is being funny here. :)

Either you fulfil criteria or you don't.
You need to earn the amount for the period.
Adjustments won't work.
I wasnot kidding
I did the same in my first year and it worked but they get stricter every year.

gee2013
Newly Registered

Post by gee2013 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:02 pm

Thanks for the input and encouragement, most appreciated.