ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Course Finished Early... Suggesions required

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jankii
Newly Registered

Course Finished Early... Suggesions required

Post by jankii » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:52 pm

Hi..
I am on Tier 4 visa & my visa expires in Feb 2013. My course was supposed to finish in Oct 2012 but my college finished our couse early in june 2012.
All other students have recieved a letter from UKBA reagarding their reducing the limit of their stay but I still have not received any letter and in those letters everyone's last date is different...

When should I apply for my Extension?
Can I apply in last 3 months of my current visa if I do not receive any letter?

z18runway

Re: Course Finished Early... Suggesions required

Post by z18runway » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:34 pm

jankii wrote:Hi..
I am on Tier 4 visa & my visa expires in Feb 2013. My course was supposed to finish in Oct 2012 but my college finished our couse early in june 2012.
All other students have recieved a letter from UKBA reagarding their reducing the limit of their stay but I still have not received any letter and in those letters everyone's last date is different...

When should I apply for my Extension?
Can I apply in last 3 months of my current visa if I do not receive any letter?
why do u need for an extension when you finished your course ?

Deviser

Post by Deviser » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:38 pm

Letter may be lost in postal service or may be they don't have your complete address but anyhow, according to rule you'r subject to reduced leave.

As your course has been finished you cannot apply for extension. You need to leave UK according to reduced leave.

Deepshithole2010

Post by Deepshithole2010 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:39 am

The reason why your friends have received a letter and you haven't is dependent on the length of individual visa originally granted.

Generally if you have less than 6 months visa left even after finishing your course UKBA does not curtail your leave (And in your case it seems you have more than 6 months left therefore it should have been curtailed- make sure you double check this).

The only assumption I could make is your friends are likely to have Valid visa remaining in excess of 6 months which is why it was curtailed and you may have been missed out due to a dopey caseworker getting their dates wrong.

Therefore the best thing for would be to check this with UKBA that your leave hasn't been curtailed and then accordingly make a new application for extension if you wish to do so.