ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applied for the YMS from Canada to the UK _ how long?

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sasou
Newly Registered

Applied for the YMS from Canada to the UK _ how long?

Post by sasou » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:47 pm

My online application was filled on the 8th and my biometric appointment was on the 11th. When applied in Canada for the UK, the visa is being processed in New York. I received an email from them on the 18 saying that they received and opened my documents and that all is being considered by an officer.
Now, my question is: in Toronto, they told me it takes on average 15 business days - on that email received they mentioned 13 business days.
I have a job waiting for me to start on september 3rd.
Which should I consider? From the day I provided the documents in Toronto or the email received from nyc. How long does it ''really'' take. I had all the requirement met and all is fine with the documents provided.
Thank in advance.

wf
Member of Standing

Post by wf » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:24 pm

Consider neither of them, you will only know for sure when you have your passport back.

Figures from UKBA are notoriously unreliable and in any case are only an average.

sasou
Newly Registered

Post by sasou » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:59 pm

Thank you!