ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stolen BRP Card abroad. Returning to UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

magneta

Stolen BRP Card abroad. Returning to UK

Post by magneta » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:08 am

Hi

My BRP card was stolen in Paris last friday while on holiday. I filed a police compliant and have applied for single entry visa. I would like to know how many days it would take to grant single entry visa to get back to UK. I have searched similar other topics but i couldnt find the time it would take to receive it.

I also want to know if I can work in UK until i get my BRP(RC)?

Thanks & Regards
Magneta

republique
BANNED

Re: Stolen BRP Card abroad. Returning to UK

Post by republique » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:24 am

magneta wrote:Hi

My BRP card was stolen in Paris last friday while on holiday. I filed a police compliant and have applied for single entry visa. I would like to know how many days it would take to grant single entry visa to get back to UK. I have searched similar other topics but i couldnt find the time it would take to receive it.

Thanks & Regards
Magneta
Did the permit that was stolen allow you to work?

magneta

Post by magneta » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:27 am

republique wrote:

Thanks & Regards
Magneta
Yes, it was a Tier 1 General valid till 2015

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:09 am

magneta wrote:
republique wrote:

Thanks & Regards
Magneta
you answered your question, just get it reissued in your new passport

magneta

Post by magneta » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:13 am

republique wrote:
magneta wrote:
republique wrote:

Thanks & Regards
Magneta

you answered your question, just get it reissued in your new passport
Thank you for your reply. I have read in other posts that the single entry visa says "no Work" and i have to wait until i get the replacement card. so I was confused.

Do you know how long it takes for providing single entry visa? I applied two days back.

magneta

Post by magneta » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:14 am

By the way, I still have my passport, the BRP card was stolen along with my purse.

apple0

Post by apple0 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:47 am

Have you had your biometrics taken yet? I was told it would take a minimum of 48 hours after that (excluding weekends).

magneta

Post by magneta » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:54 am

apple0 wrote:Have you had your biometrics taken yet? I was told it would take a minimum of 48 hours after that (excluding weekends).
Yes, my biometrics was done on monday. does that mean i will get it by today or tomorrow? what happened in your case? when did you get it?

apple0

Post by apple0 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:30 pm

I got mine in just under 2 working days (but had to wait the weekend, too). I hope you get yours soon. I don't know how long it has taken for others.

magneta

Post by magneta » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:52 am

Today is the fourth day and I am still waiting for the Visa :(

In the application, I have missed two digits in my NI number, will that affect any decision?

magneta

Post by magneta » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:40 am

Hi, This is the 3rd week and I am still stuck in france waiting for my single entry visa. I have already contacted visa application centre and UK embassy here and came to know that my application has still not been taken into processing :( and they have asked me to wait the standard 15 days. today is the 11th day. is there someone else i could talk to, to make this quick? are there any chances?

wf
Member of Standing

Post by wf » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:04 am

It sounds from your posts you are waiting for a 'single entry visa' - are you talking about a visitor visa? Surely it is instead a replacement BRP that you want?

I am not sure how viable this suggestion is, but why don't you get a Eurostar ticket, and try enter under your Tier 1, explaining to the IO the circumstances.

You will go through British immigration in Paris so if they deny entry you can stay there and wait for your BRP(assuming you have applied for one).

magneta

Post by magneta » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:21 am

wf wrote:It sounds from your posts you are waiting for a 'single entry visa' - are you talking about a visitor visa? Surely it is instead a replacement BRP that you want?

I am not sure how viable this suggestion is, but why don't you get a Eurostar ticket, and try enter under your Tier 1, explaining to the IO the circumstances.

You will go through British immigration in Paris so if they deny entry you can stay there and wait for your BRP(assuming you have applied for one).
I have applied my replacement BRP visa, which they said will be just a single entry into uk and after which i have apply for a replacement card from there.

Also as soon as it was stolen, i have reported the card as stolen to UKBA and they replied that it was cancelled. My passport is now stuck with the application, so i couldnt try crossing the border with the eurostar ticket too :(

renjiou
Newly Registered

Same situation

Post by renjiou » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:20 pm

My BRP was stolen on 19 of July. Our situation is same. Mine was also in my wallet. I submitted the application on 23rd July and just received my visa today!! They work so slow. I went to the worldbridge and UK embassy in Paris but neither of them worked

Here is a possible way to speed this up: write an email to the address that you report the loss of BRP and state that something is urgent (my schengen visa is going to expire, you can think of some). Firstly, you will receive a automatic reply. Then, if you are lucky, they will reply you. I wrote my situation, my passport number, tracking number and application reference in my email. I wrote this email on Wednesday afternoon and got the reply on Thursday from some staff in Paris UK embassy! And today I just got my Visa!

Good luck! Hope this helps! I totally understand the feeling stuck in Paris!
magneta wrote:
wf wrote:It sounds from your posts you are waiting for a 'single entry visa' - are you talking about a visitor visa? Surely it is instead a replacement BRP that you want?

I have applied my replacement BRP visa, which they said will be just a single entry into uk and after which i have apply for a replacement card from there.

Also as soon as it was stolen, i have reported the card as stolen to UKBA and they replied that it was cancelled. My passport is now stuck with the application, so i couldnt try crossing the border with the eurostar ticket too :(

magneta

Re: Same situation

Post by magneta » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:39 am

renjiou wrote:My BRP was stolen on 19 of July. Our situation is same. Mine was also in my wallet. I submitted the application on 23rd July and just received my visa today!! They work so slow. I went to the worldbridge and UK embassy in Paris but neither of them worked

Here is a possible way to speed this up: write an email to the address that you report the loss of BRP and state that something is urgent (my schengen visa is going to expire, you can think of some). Firstly, you will receive a automatic reply. Then, if you are lucky, they will reply you. I wrote my situation, my passport number, tracking number and application reference in my email. I wrote this email on Wednesday afternoon and got the reply on Thursday from some staff in Paris UK embassy! And today I just got my Visa!

Good luck! Hope this helps! I totally understand the feeling stuck in Paris!
Thank you so much for replying. I have sent a similar mail just now and will wait to see if i get a reply. Did you get a mail asking you to go and collect the visa or what did they say in your mail? was your tracking status updated after this mail? When do they normally update the tracking status?