ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa (How much Savings required?)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Jay4you

Spouse Visa (How much Savings required?)

Post by Jay4you » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:33 pm

Hi Guys,

I am getting married in November this year and planning to apply for Spouse Visa for my wife around end of November. I am a permanent resident of UK (ILR) with an annual salary of above £45k P/A. I have no problem meeting minimum £18,600 income rule that came to effect on 9th July but I am worried that I don’t have much of savings.

I bought a property in India last year and used up most of my savings there. Due to this at the time of applying for her spouse visa I won’t be able to show savings of more the £7-8k. I am wondering if this will have any negative effect on UKBA decision. I didn’t see this mentioned anywhere.

As I am meeting the £18,600 income rule, I assume it does not matter if I only show a saving of £7-8K? (I know one need to show £16,000 savings if they don’t meet this criteria) My would be wife is currently working in India & she will also show her savings but I guess only my financial situation matters.

Apologies if this come across as a stupid question or seems like I am answering my own question but I thought it’s better to be re-assured by someone here.

Many Thanks
Jay

harv

Post by harv » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:39 pm

As long as you meet the minimum salary requirements you do not need to worry about savings.
Feb 2012 - Spouse Visa - New Delhi
Mar 2012 - Documents collected - VISA Granted
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Apr 2015 - Applied for Naturalisation
Nov 2015 - Naturalised

tamilmaran
- thin ice -

Post by tamilmaran » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:55 pm

Hi Don't worry..! You are safe.... Pls maintain an constant balance for 6 months before you apply... I hope £ 7 to 8 K is a very good amount. dont sweep you account at any point.

UKBA says it as a couple you should meet meeting minimum £18,600 income.

In your case, show your wife finance status too.., it will help them to favour you that you may not ask for public funds.

All the best

Regards

Tamilmarran

Jay4you

Post by Jay4you » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:03 am

Thanks for your reply guys.

That's what i though but it's always better to be re-assured. I am making sure my bank balance leading upto the apply date is constant & Reason/proofs are provided for any spending over £500.

@ Tamilmaran

As my would be wife working in India, I thought her income does not count towards £18,600. It only the person who is sponsering? Not that it matters in my case.

I will defo add my wife saving as it will add weight to our application & another proof that we don't need public fundings.

Thanks

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:26 am

tamilmaran wrote:Hi Don't worry..! You are safe.... Pls maintain an constant balance for 6 months before you apply... I hope £ 7 to 8 K is a very good amount. dont sweep you account at any point.

UKBA says it as a couple you should meet meeting minimum £18,600 income.

In your case, show your wife finance status too.., it will help them to favour you that you may not ask for public funds.

All the best

Regards

Tamilmarran
Once again, incorrect information from Tamilmarran. You don't need to keep a 'constant balance' of £7,000 to £8,000 in your account. Savings aren't required as long as you've met the minimum annual income of £18,600. Your wife's income in India won't be considered.

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:28 am

If you meet the minimum income threshold then there is no need to show any amount in savings or to maintain a balance in your current account.

tamilmaran
- thin ice -

Post by tamilmaran » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:01 am

Once again, incorrect information from Tamilmarran. You don't need to keep a 'constant balance' of £7,000 to £8,000 in your account. Savings aren't required as long as you've met the minimum annual income of £18,600. Your wife's income in India won't be considered.[/quote]

Dear CASA, I did not meant he has to have 7K to 8K ....same time not to sweep the account to £ 100... My suggestion is that prove ourself that we have enough finance to take care of ourself and will not ask for public funds.

This helps and scores more for application sanction.

Humbly

Tamilmarran
Please update BC timeline in google docs https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... li=1#gid=0

I am another user just like you.....!!
===TAMILMARAN===