ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR dependent

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mehedi14
Newly Registered

ILR dependent

Post by mehedi14 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:32 am

Hi all,

I hope everybody is OK.

I am planning to apply for ILR in person on Croydon on 7th Nov 2012 with my wife (Dependent) as my current Tier 1 (General) visa expire on 5th Dec 2012.

Just have a quick query in regards to my dependant (Wife)

My wife got dependent visa on 29th October 2008 and she 1st came in to UK on November 2008. She was keep coming and going (5 times) till Nov 2010. Then she permanently moved to UK on 3rd of December 2010 and living with me continuously science then.

My Query is:
if we apply for ILR in person in November 7th will it be ok for my wife, as she will be with me for 1 year, 11 months, 4 days not 2 years?

If anybody could come forward would be much appreciated.
Thanks.
Mehedi14

Smam

Post by Smam » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:45 am

Hi

To be honest with you mate it all depends at the discretion of the CW no one can really suggest any thing to you my heart is saying that your wife will be ok for her ILR just dont try to mention this explicitly to the CW at the time of your application as the absence rules doesn't really applies to dependants and you might get away with that I can't really guarantee you any thing with surity as I dont really work for UKBA (Thanks God) but hopefully your wife should be ok just try to collect good co-hab docs that's all I can suggest and apply for your wife.

Please do kindly share your PEO Experience with us on the forum.

Good luck for you and for your wifes ILR.

tier1Reading

Post by tier1Reading » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:16 pm

I think you should be ok. There is no requirement that the dependent should be continuously in UK. If you can provide documents (utility bills, bank statements) in her name or joint names for 2+ years, this should be enough.