ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My partner's application for Tier 1 Partner is refused.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

chenzz
Newly Registered

My partner's application for Tier 1 Partner is refused.

Post by chenzz » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:34 am

I got my Tier 1 general visa starting on April 2011 until April 2013. I am still in Sydney Australia.

I met my samsex partner on 11th September 2011 and got the civil partnership registered on 29th March 2012.

I was on a 17 days trip to UK for my graduation ceremony from 17th September 2011.

He sent the application materials as,
original certificate of our relationship, registered in NSW, Australia
our bank statements, joint bank statements;
my visa page, passport page,
my payslip from my working place in Sydney
my employment contract from my working place in Sydney
our photos
our mobile phone bills, dated back to 28th september 2011.

and the refusal letter goes:

You have applied for entry clearance to the UK to join your partner chenzzz who is already in the UK as a Tier 1 (General)  Migrant. In support of your application you have included a relationship certificate that was registered in New South Wales, Australia on 29th March 2012. You have also included 2 photographs of you and your partner together and a mobile phone bill that shows contact between you and your partner going back to 28th September 2011. You have not provided any evidence of a sustained relationship between you and your partner prior to this date. Home Office Records show that your partner arrived in the Uk on 17th September 2011. You have not submitted any evidence of the relationship you had in Australia prior to your partner's arrival in the UK. I therefore cannot be satisfied that you were in a long term substantive relationship prior to your partners departure to the UK.

I note that you currently a student in Australia and that your course runs until September 2012. I have also noted that your Australian student visa expires on 30th September 2012. I therefore cannot be satisfied that you intend to enter the UK for the reason stated and that you will leave the UK at the end of your stay.

Given the above, I have refused your visa application on this occasion because I am not satisfied that you meet all of the requirements of paragraph 245C of the immigration Rules.

Your right of appeal is limited to the grounds referred to in section 84(1)(c) of the Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Act 2002.

Any suggestions or comments are appreciated.
thanks a lot.

chenzz
Newly Registered

Post by chenzz » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:08 am

did the the grounds referred to in section 84(1)(c) basically means that I can't appeal?

chenzz
Newly Registered

Post by chenzz » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:29 am

no one knows?
got a manila email from the paid phone line.
would they ever change their decision simply by a complaint email?
or we have to reapply any way?