ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No one employs on PSW Visa.

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

TylerRulez
Newly Registered

No one employs on PSW Visa.

Post by TylerRulez » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:35 pm

I have not been able to get a job and its going to be almost 1 year.
Before I look into other options, I want to hear advice of other people.
Maybe there is something that I am doing wrong.

I am not even able to qualify for the interview because companies are not willing to take those on the Tier 1 Post Study Work visa.

Recent companies that have rejected me because of my visa status.
1. Tata Consultancy Services
2. Netbuilders
3. Capita
and dozens others which have rejected even though I have been told I qualified for the job otherwise.

Now I am taking legal action against some of them (those companies have not been listed) but I want to know if you guys have got a job on the PSW visa, which company did you apply for?

Sheffield_Marketeer
Member of Standing

Post by Sheffield_Marketeer » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:11 pm

My husband and I both got good jobs while on PSW.

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:35 pm

Sheffield_Marketeer wrote:My husband and I both got good jobs while on PSW.
happy that you both got good jobs, why dont you refer the above OP for a good job so he will bring his stress down and live a happy life, its nothing but just a help :lol:

Sheffield_Marketeer
Member of Standing

Post by Sheffield_Marketeer » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:51 pm

I am sorry if it sounded abrupt (my short reply), but all that OP asked was if the PSW visa was a deterrent to employers.

'but I want to know if you guys have got a job on the PSW visa'
To which I gave my personal experience- that it was not.

I work for a Marketing Agency while my husband works in the Education sector. I am not sure where the OP's expertise lies in but from the looks of it, it could be ICT. All I can ask the OP is to have patience and try out new strategies while looking for a job.
When I was making applications, the country was in deep recession and I got rejections after rejection. That's when I started calling companies and telling them that I was happy to work for free :) Many started responding and I soon landed into an unpaid placement, which turned into a paid job.

My partner was jobless for 8 months until he decided to venture into a new career- moved from Finance to Education (but teaching finance). So it may need a bit of thinking out of the box in a market that is evidently stale.

madona587
Member of Standing

Re: No one employs on PSW Visa.

Post by madona587 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:45 pm

TylerRulez wrote:I have not been able to get a job and its going to be almost 1 year.

I am not even able to qualify for the interview because companies are not willing to take those on the Tier 1 Post Study Work visa.

2. Netbuilders
3. Capita
and dozens others which have rejected even though I have been told I qualified for the job otherwise.

Now I am taking legal action against some of them (those companies have not been listed) but I want to know if you guys have got a job on the PSW visa, which company did you apply for?
I got my job while on PSW. I initially found the vacancy in gumtree for an internship. Worked free for 3 months and then got hired. After year and a half my company went to great lengths to sponsor me under Tier2. I wont give out the name of my company in a public form for obvious reasons. Maybe you are looking at bigger things ? Just saying. First try small companies and internships are a great way to show your skills and win the employers over. No point trying to take legal actions as no agency wants to hire someone on a PSW knowing there is no other way to extend this visa without the company sponsoring you. (Other options available but not so easy) Keep in mind in order to sponsor you the company has to go through a lengthy process not to mention the costs involved.

Sheffield_Marketeer hope things are good with you. Glad to hear you took the same path as me. :D
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on :)

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:13 pm

Its great to listen to both stories, and it is very impressive.

Now OP must gather the information from you both and work out to reach his aim.

Thanks again both Madonna and marketeer, great ladies.

(p.s )marketeer, sorry if that hurts you. U are right about the reply you gave to OP initially.

toprealman
Newly Registered

Re: No one employs on PSW Visa.

Post by toprealman » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:06 am

madona587 wrote:
TylerRulez wrote:I have not been able to get a job and its going to be almost 1 year.

2. Netbuilders
3. Capita

I got my job while on PSW. I initially found the vacancy in gumtree for an internship. Worked free for 3 months and then got hired. After year and a half my company went to great lengths to sponsor me under Tier2. I wont give out the name of my company in a public form for obvious reasons. Maybe you are looking at bigger things ? Just saying. First try small companies and internships are a great way to show your skills and win the employers over. No point trying to take legal actions as no agency wants to hire someone on a PSW knowing there is no other way to extend this visa without the company sponsoring you. (Other options available but not so easy) Keep in mind in order to sponsor you the company has to go through a lengthy process not to mention the costs involved.

Sheffield_Marketeer hope things are good with you. Glad to hear you took the same path as me. :D
Well said mate, I wont tread the path of a legal action. Not worth it at all. If you believe in yourself just keep on sending out your CV, you MUST get a chance to prove yourself.
Sideline: Joe Hart of Man city was overlooked by Alex Ferguson despite having a price tag of £100,000 only couple of years back. Today, Alex is still whinging about missing the opportunity to sign him. That is life for you.
Some of us get invited for interview but are told afterwards that since we don't even have the PSW you have the job will be parcelled to someone else to which the best reply is ...THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!