ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 REGISTRATION ONE PARENT

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

fisayo

MN1 REGISTRATION ONE PARENT

Post by fisayo » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:21 pm

Hi everyone, please i just naturalised as british citizen, and i want to register my uk born kids as british, my concern is , can i register them on my own documents alone as i am the mother without there father!s consent as we are no more together and i can not locate him now, and i want to registered my kids as british.
please note, we are not married in the first instance.
Thanks, all advise are wellcome
:idea:

noble72uk
- thin ice -

Re: MN1 REGISTRATION ONE PARENT

Post by noble72uk » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:38 pm

fisayo wrote:Hi everyone, please i just naturalised as british citizen, and i want to register my uk born kids as british, my concern is , can i register them on my own documents alone as i am the mother without there father!s consent as we are no more together and i can not locate him now, and i want to registered my kids as british.
please note, we are not married in the first instance.
Thanks, all advise are wellcome
:idea:
Hi

As you kids are UK born

In the child was born in the UK before one parent had ILR/PR, then once one parent is granted ILR, the child is entitled register as BC under section 1(3) of the British Nationality Act irrespective of their immigration status.

This application is an entitlement and as such the HO has no discretion in the decision if the statutory requirements are met. The application can be made any time before the child is 18. The only documents required are UK birth certificate and evidence that parent obtained ILR/PR. The application can be made if the child is in the UK or abroad.

If the child was born in the UK after one parent has ILR/PR, then the child is British from birth and can apply directly for a passport.

fisayo

Post by fisayo » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:23 pm

thanks noble72uk. good answer, but....
supposing the child is born abroad and i am the sole sponsor written in his passport. can i consent to his mn1 form only.