ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Other Queries

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kirana123
Newly Registered

professional referee

Post by kirana123 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:56 pm

My friend is director of a company but not VAT registered can he act as a referee? Please advise

Thank you

Subbu15
Newly Registered

Doubt regarding registering child as BC from India

Post by Subbu15 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:38 am

I have a doubt regarding registering my child as a BC from India.

1. Do I need to make the payment in INR or GBP?
2. Do I need to submit any bank statements and pay slips for the child dependent?
3. After registering as BC what is the further procedure? OCI Card n all...

Thank you very much for your time and help.

Malik39
Newly Registered

Time spent on Student Visa & Residential Qualifying Peri

Post by Malik39 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:07 pm

I entered in the UK in 2007 as a student, married with a British Citizen in 2010. Spouse visa was granted & now ILR is issued on 14-08-2012.
I have been exactly present in the UK for the last 5 years. Total absentees during the last 3 years is 60 days. KOL already passed in January 2012 & there is no offense/charges during this period.
Let me advise Please that What the LAW says i.e.
1. Does the period spent on the student visa counts towards the residential qualifying period?
2. Can I apply straightaway for the UK naturalization?

learner007

Re: Time spent on Student Visa & Residential Qualifying

Post by learner007 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:51 pm

Yes you can apply straight away

ya75khan
Newly Registered

non - continuous resident qualifying period?

Post by ya75khan » Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:10 pm

My wife entered UK as a student in Dec 2005. She stayed till Jul 2008 and married me ( a British Citizen ) in Middle east.

We lived in Middle East for 2 years and came back to UK on 23rd April 2010. She entered on spouse visa and recently (Aug 2012) has been granted ILR.

I was under the impression that she has to stay in UK till April 2013 ( to complete 3 consecutive years) and apply on 23rd April 2013 (to fulfill the requirement of being in the UK exactly 3 years ago).

We want to move back to ME as soon as her citizenship conditions are met.

Question.

Does her period in UK from 2005-2008 counts towards resident qualifying period along with her time in UK from 2010 onwards?
If yes then it will complete the condition of three years in UK. She can then spend time outside UK without restriction and come back to apply on 23rd of April.
Please clarify it for me.

Sorry my situation is a bit complex, I have tried to make it easier to understand.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: non - continuous resident qualifying period?

Post by Jambo » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:31 pm

ya75khan wrote:My wife entered UK as a student in Dec 2005. She stayed till Jul 2008 and married me ( a British Citizen ) in Middle east.

We lived in Middle East for 2 years and came back to UK on 23rd April 2010. She entered on spouse visa and recently (Aug 2012) has been granted ILR.

I was under the impression that she has to stay in UK till April 2013 ( to complete 3 consecutive years) and apply on 23rd April 2013 (to fulfill the requirement of being in the UK exactly 3 years ago).

We want to move back to ME as soon as her citizenship conditions are met.

Question.

Does her period in UK from 2005-2008 counts towards resident qualifying period along with her time in UK from 2010 onwards?
If yes then it will complete the condition of three years in UK. She can then spend time outside UK without restriction and come back to apply on 23rd of April.
Please clarify it for me.

Sorry my situation is a bit complex, I have tried to make it easier to understand.
There are more to the conditions than just the 3 years. There are also numbers of days absent from the UK to be met (less than 270 days in 3 years including less than 90 days in the year before applying).

From what you describe she could meet the requirements in April 2013.