ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa Extension funds query

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

prempwp
Newly Registered

Visa Extension funds query

Post by prempwp » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:36 am

I am in UK since 3 years doing my course that ends next year (so its a 4 year course), but my visa expires soon on 18th October, 2012. I will soon be applying for an extension for 1 year for a Tier 4 student visa. Now, i have all the documents ready with me, i have £1800 in my account (to show for living costs and the rest for two months) and to leave them for 28 days in the account the date will be 18th September, 2012, that's when i plan to submit my application. I still haven't paid the £8400 fee to my university, but i will mention this in my application where they ask how much fee i have to pay(£8400) and how much have i already paid(£0).

My question is, do i have to show £8400 fee in my account's bank statement for 28 days as well or can i get away without showing that amount and show just the living expenses(£1800).

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:39 am

Have you read the policy guidance? The answer to your question is in there.

Deepshithole2010

Post by Deepshithole2010 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:47 am

How do you intend to pay the remaining fees if you haven't got them in your bank a/c when you request your CAS letter the Uni will mention that you have £8400 remaining fees which you need to show in your bank a/c.

Either pay all the outstanding fees to the Uni and then request CAS or show that you have the £8400 available to you in addition to the £1800 maintenance fund otherwise you risk refusal.

farhan_81
Newly Registered

Post by farhan_81 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:15 pm

If you are not able to show that much of amount in your account you can put a sponsor it either can be your parents or your legal guardian which holds that much of money in there accounts for 28days and a letter from them which is " Affidavit of Support "......without these there is a high chances of your application can be refused !!!!