ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IR35 issue

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

abc111
BANNED

IR35 issue

Post by abc111 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:54 pm

Hi All,

I have secured a contract which will involve me theoratically working for a recruitment agency via limited company and my service will be provided to third company where I will be working on daily basis.

The arrangement is normal as for any engineering personel working contracting through recruitment company.

So wondering if I could claim myelf to be outside IR35. Also would it be ok if I pay myself a minimal salary to avoid the tax.

Thanks.

republique
BANNED

Re: IR35 issue

Post by republique » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:50 pm

abc111 wrote:Hi All,

I have secured a contract which will involve me theoratically working for a recruitment agency via limited company and my service will be provided to third company where I will be working on daily basis.

The arrangement is normal as for any engineering personel working contracting through recruitment company.

So wondering if I could claim myelf to be outside IR35. Also would it be ok if I pay myself a minimal salary to avoid the tax.

Thanks.
did you figure out the basics of the limited company already?

abc111
BANNED

Re: IR35 issue

Post by abc111 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:13 pm

republique wrote:
abc111 wrote:Hi All,

Thanks.
did you figure out the basics of the limited company already?
Now this is something I will decide once confirmed IR35 implications to me that will help me decide if I would like to go for contracting at all!! As I have a second permanent job offer therefore I need to think about contracting because as IR35 affected I won't save much!!

vivekmarwah

Post by vivekmarwah » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:39 pm

You can only be out of IR35 clause depending on certain clauses written iny our contract. Your accountant is the best person to let you know if your contract is inside or outside IR35.