ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NCS or No NCS

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ric1982
Member of Standing

NCS or No NCS

Post by ric1982 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:53 am

Hi,

I am about to apply for my naturalization. I am wondering is it worth paying extra going through NCS? I know one adv. is that you get your original documents back. Apart from this , is there any advantage with NCS?
My application is straight forword enough (I think!).

barnaby

Re: NCS or No NCS

Post by barnaby » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:38 pm

ric1982 wrote:Hi,

I am about to apply for my naturalization. I am wondering is it worth paying extra going through NCS? I know one adv. is that you get your original documents back. Apart from this , is there any advantage with NCS?
My application is straight forword enough (I think!).
We didn't use NCS, to avoid spending the £50 fee and to apply before the application fees increased. I thought we would get the documents back within 2 months and we wouldn't need passports in that time. However, it has taken far longer and we have needed our passports. (These days passports are needed for so many things, not only travelling.)

kel
- thin ice -

Post by kel » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:45 pm

I also didn't use NCS and now I wish I did. To be honest when I applied back in early July I was aware of NCS but didn't realise I would have been able to keep my original docs if I had used it. I thought it was just to help filling the application form and for that service I didn't think it was worth the extra money when I am perfectly able to read and write. However, now looking at the timelines it is so uncertain when I will get a reply from UKBA so I think I might have to request my docs back at some stage.

ric1982
Member of Standing

Post by ric1982 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:12 pm

But you can request your documents back after three months (I believe). The thing is that when we applied for my kid the NCS forgot to forward the payslip which delayed the application for one month which was trun off.

Also people who work at NCS are very incompetent. Its not even worth the service. The only thing I see with this is that you get to keep the documents!

mcovet
BANNED

Post by mcovet » Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:56 pm

why would ANYONE not want to use NCS is beyond me. Apart from getting to keep the travel documents for an extra fee which enables you to travel at SHORT NOTICE you ALSO avoid a chance of getting your precious little immigration history in the form of all your passports, ILRs, Life in the UK test etc. lost in our dear Royal Mail post, a slight chance, but still a chance of a loss.

I would urge and encourage EVERYONE to use the NCS as it has only the pros, IMO.

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:57 pm

>Also people who work at NCS are very incompetent. Its not even worth the service. The only thing I see with this is that you get to keep the documents!>

That was bad luck, nonetheless also a sign of 'carelessness'.
However, having all your documents with you all the time, is a big advantage; you never know what may go wrong with them.

Go for NCS and point out their previous error.

All the best

addh
- thin ice -

Post by addh » Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:59 pm

True... The benefit of having ur docs is a big one

ric1982
Member of Standing

Post by ric1982 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:15 pm

Wow thats overwhelming vote with NCS. I am definitely going to think about this.
Thanks Guys...

Also on the separate note how old the reference's signatures can be? I am just concern if I cant get the date then my referee's details will be 'outdated'.

jms_uk
- thin ice -

Post by jms_uk » Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:33 pm

One more vote for NCS, mainly for keeping your documents.

While my BC application was processed I went abroad twice, which I wouldn't be able to do if I didn't use NCS.

It was £40 well spent.

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

Re: NCS or No NCS

Post by Mauser1905 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:10 am

ric1982 wrote:Hi,

I am wondering is it worth paying extra going through NCS?

is there any advantage with NCS?
Yes, its worth every single penny in fees and travel to NCS. In my case I had to travel from Aberdeen to Edinburgh with family.

Been there done that, got T-shirt while using Home Office sevrice for COA! Always use NCS.

What other best advantage than having peace of mind, that your passport is with you?

Good luck.

HappyToHelp247
Newly Registered

Post by HappyToHelp247 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:35 am

ric1982 wrote:Wow thats overwhelming vote with NCS. I am definitely going to think about this.
Thanks Guys...

Also on the separate note how old the reference's signatures can be? I am just concern if I cant get the date then my referee's details will be 'outdated'.

Referees should sign the form as close to the application date as possible, and no earlier than 6 months before the application date.

HappyToHelp247
Newly Registered

Post by HappyToHelp247 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:36 am

HappyToHelp247 wrote:
ric1982 wrote:Wow thats overwhelming vote with NCS. I am definitely going to think about this.
Thanks Guys...

Referees should sign the form as close to the application date as possible, and no earlier than 6 months before the application date.
I would recommend to use NCS.