ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

what are my rights while waiting?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Adel123
Newly Registered

what are my rights while waiting?

Post by Adel123 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:17 pm

i have applied for EEA2, I am yet to receive COA.

I am surly not alone here in this situation, but I am wondering what are the rights I have without having a COA, visa, passport.

ofcourse we all keep copies of our documents, but since UKBA takes it time to issue EEA2, during this waiting time without COA, is there any sort of automatic rights that we have?

citizen advice bureau advised me that i should have all the rights of an EU national and i legally can work or study buy showing a copy of my passport, a copy of my wife's passport and our marriage certificate, but they also said that the employers/universities always want to see your visa to tick the box ..

can you guys please talk about this matter, while waiting and with no COA, is there anything that we should know about ?

thanks

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: what are my rights while waiting?

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:28 pm

Adel123 wrote:i have applied for EEA2, I am yet to receive COA.

I am surly not alone here in this situation, but I am wondering what are the rights I have without having a COA, visa, passport.

ofcourse we all keep copies of our documents, but since UKBA takes it time to issue EEA2, during this waiting time without COA, is there any sort of automatic rights that we have?

citizen advice bureau advised me that i should have all the rights of an EU national and i legally can work or study buy showing a copy of my passport, a copy of my wife's passport and our marriage certificate, but they also said that the employers/universities always want to see your visa to tick the box ..

can you guys please talk about this matter, while waiting and with no COA, is there anything that we should know about ?

thanks
Please read directive 2004/38/EC in its entirety.

Article 23 AND 24 would appear to be particularly relevant to you.

Oh and lest I forget, article 10 mandates that COA be issued IMMEDIATELY.

Adel123
Newly Registered

Post by Adel123 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:40 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:
Adel123 wrote:i have applied for EEA2, I am yet to receive COA.

thanks
Please read directive 2004/38/EC in its entirety.

Article 23 AND 24 would appear to be particularly relevant to you.

Oh and lest I forget, article 10 mandates that COA be issued IMMEDIATELY.

Thanks EUsmileWEallsmile.. the directive 2004/38/EC is very clear and straightforward ... we know it is a pain in the back to make sense out of to UK authorities, employers and universities. I will ask the university to look into the directive and see what will be there response, they refused to look into my postgrad application on the basis that i dont have a visa right now and i dont have COA and my last visa to UK was a tourist visa! .. even though i was a student at the same uni from 2002-2006 (as international) !!

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:33 am

Adel123 wrote: they refused to look into my postgrad application on the basis that i dont have a visa right now and i dont have COA!
If lack of COA is causing hardship, don't be shy, expedite it.

see here

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=81974