ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

when to apply at NCS for non EU WP + Tier 1 + ILR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sushdmehta_fan

when to apply at NCS for non EU WP + Tier 1 + ILR

Post by sushdmehta_fan » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:05 pm

Hope you guys are having a lovely bank holiday !!

I have got same day ILR from a PEO on the basis of 4 year work permit + 1 year Tier 1
on 26 sept 2011 working with same employer and still working with same employer.

I single and non-EU, I have to wait 12-month for making Naturalization application at NCS.

(1) Do you guys think that i should be able make an application with NCS on 26 sept 2012 or I must wait for another one day say, on 27 sept 2012...
A day shouldn't make a difference but given the processing timeline it looks in the end, a day could mean a delay of weeks. Also I dont want to make a trip taking a day off work and then to be told come tomorrow.

(2) Also I cant find the list of documents as the guidelines say P60, payslips etc..seems confusing, can someone please list me the list of document typically needed to be carried to NCS, for non-EU, WP + Tier1 + ILR
has someone got a checklist with them ?

Many thanks :)

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

Post by Mauser1905 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:44 pm

I think you can apply on 26th. However get in touch with your NCS, as they will ask you to fill a booking application form and through which they will assess whether daysin and out criteria is ok or not. Same time you ask them the earliest date you can take appointment.

I took P60 for as many years I could take and pay slips to cover for the gaps. No harm in giving as many documents, as you are getting the originals back same time!

Hope it helps.

noble72uk
- thin ice -

Re: when to apply at NCS for non EU WP + Tier 1 + ILR

Post by noble72uk » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:57 pm

sushdmehta_fan wrote:Hope you guys are having a lovely bank holiday !!

I have got same day ILR from a PEO on the basis of 4 year work permit + 1 year Tier 1
on 26 sept 2011 working with same employer and still working with same employer.

I single and non-EU, I have to wait 12-month for making Naturalization application at NCS.

(1) Do you guys think that i should be able make an application with NCS on 26 sept 2012 or I must wait for another one day say, on 27 sept 2012...
A day shouldn't make a difference but given the processing timeline it looks in the end, a day could mean a delay of weeks. Also I dont want to make a trip taking a day off work and then to be told come tomorrow.

(2) Also I cant find the list of documents as the guidelines say P60, payslips etc..seems confusing, can someone please list me the list of document typically needed to be carried to NCS, for non-EU, WP + Tier1 + ILR
has someone got a checklist with them ?

Many thanks :)
Call the NCS on the 26 sept 2012 to book an appointment if you want.

Documentation to provide to the NCS:

Application Form
your passport showing your residence for the last 5 years if you are not married to a BC.
Life in the Uk certificate.
The Fees 851

This is it, NO P60 or payslips or bla bla bla

+ when you call the NCS to book they will tells you what documents you need to provide NONE

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

Post by Mauser1905 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:30 am

I took my P60 and the person at the NCS did take copies of it.

I agree that basic minimum evidence as per the requirements is stated in UKBA and NCS guidelines. However in adhering to the basic minimum requirements it is not to be forgotten that there is provision of suitable alternative evidence.

It is no harm carrying additional alternative evidence like P60 etc. to NCS. NCS is not fast tracking but to complete the document checking before forwarding to UKBA. So any proactive measures taken by the applicant are well in the better interests of his/her application/time and money, in my humble opinion.

noble72uk
- thin ice -

Post by noble72uk » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:58 am

Mauser1905 wrote:I took my P60 and the person at the NCS did take copies of it.

I agree that basic minimum evidence as per the requirements is stated in UKBA and NCS guidelines. However in adhering to the basic minimum requirements it is not to be forgotten that there is provision of suitable alternative evidence.

It is no harm carrying additional alternative evidence like P60 etc. to NCS. NCS is not fast tracking but to complete the document checking before forwarding to UKBA. So any proactive measures taken by the applicant are well in the better interests of his/her application/time and money, in my humble opinion.
I did the same when I've applied for my BC at the NCS The Lady took only:

Copies of My:
Passport Showing my residence
Life in the UK
Driving Licence as Ive passed the Life in the uk using it as ID.
and the Fees.

I know is good to take with all the document P60's Pay slip council Tax..... but the nice Lady handed back all the package That Ive carried with me and just told me that the BC is based on residence I don't need work proof or.... any other docuements. and after 3 months I had My BC