ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Worried about visa refusal

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Moa316
Newly Registered

Worried about visa refusal

Post by Moa316 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:38 pm

Hi

I'm an undergraduate I'm in a 3 year course, but I had to retake the 2nd year which I did so now my course doesn't end till July 2013 and my visa ends Nov 2012 so I had to extend it.

I made the application earlier today, submitted the online form, and appendix 8. I submitted a document from my government sponsor stating that they will cover all tution fees and living costs, I've also submitted the financial guarantee from my sponsor saying that they will pay this years course fees in full. But I'm worried regarding CAS supporting documents. I submitted the CAS statement and the certificate that I got from previous study which was used to enroll me in this course at this University and it also shows my level of English. I also submitted a visa letter from the university, showing proof of student status letter for 2011/12 academic year. I'm starting to think now that I should have submitted last years results showing that I have progressed to the next year.

Will the CAS statement, certificate used to get into this course and proof of student status be enough or have I made a mistake in not including last years results?

I should also mention that I've been living in the UK for 6 years, 3 years as a dependant and 3 years as a student
Last edited by Moa316 on Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deepshithole2010

Post by Deepshithole2010 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:22 am

You cannot use a CAS more than once its not very clear from your post if you have used an old one or applied for a new one???

Assuming you have got a new CAS you need to submit all the docs which is mentioned on your CAS letter, a progress report would have been necessary as it is the basis of your academic progression.

On the contrary if you have used old/original CAS letter your application will be returned as invalid also UKBA stopped accepting visa letter for more than 2 years now. There is no requirement by UKBA for you to show proof of you being a student therefore that is irrelevant.

Moa316
Newly Registered

Post by Moa316 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:25 am

Thanks for the reply,

I used a new CAS. I didn't submit my results for last year. I submitted my certificate of results that I used to get into this course, it also shows that I have the required level of English. I think you're right I should've submitted my results for last year.

If it gets refused based solely on me not supplying this document, what are the consquences? can I apply again and provide this document?

Thanks

quantum1
Member of Standing

Re: Worried about visa refusal

Post by quantum1 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:12 am

Moa316 wrote:Hi

I'm an undergraduate I'm in a 3 year course, but I had to the 2nd year which I did so now my course doesn't end till July 2013 and my visa ends Nov 2012 so I had to extend it.

I made the application earlier today, submitted the online form, and appendix 8. I submitted a document from my government sponsor stating that they will cover all tution fees and living costs, I've also submitted the financial guarantee from my sponsor saying that they will pay this years course fees in full. But I'm worried regarding CAS supporting documents. I submitted the CAS statement and the certificate that I got from previous study which was used to enroll me in this course at this University and it also shows my level of English. I also submitted a visa letter from the university, showing proof of student status letter for 2011/12 academic year. I'm starting to think now that I should have submitted last years results showing that I have progressed to the next year.

Will the CAS statement, certificate used to get into this course and proof of student status be enough or have I made a mistake in not including last years results?

I should also mention that I've been living in the UK for 6 years, 3 years as a dependant and 3 years as a student
Your first sentence does not make sense. Can you correct it so we understand what you are trying to say? Did you fail the second year?

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:26 am

You only need to provide the certificates/qualifications listed on the Cas as the 'evidence used to obtain the offer' you don't need your results from last year unless they were mentioned on the Cas.

Moa316
Newly Registered

Re: Worried about visa refusal

Post by Moa316 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:49 pm

Let me make it clearer,

My course is normally 3 years, I started in Oct 2009 and was suppose to finish in 2012. So when I applied for a visa I got one that ended in 2012. I had to retake the 2nd year which I did, so now I will be going on to the 3rd year of my course. Now my course ends on 2013 and I had to apply for a visa extention.

Hope this helps
Moa316 wrote:Hi

I'm an undergraduate I'm in a 3 year course, but I had to the 2nd year which I did so now my course doesn't end till July 2013 and my visa ends Nov 2012 so I had to extend it.