ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) to ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

coolrock

FLR (M) to ILR

Post by coolrock » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:03 am

Hello,

Last year I changed my status from Tier 1 to ILR (in Oct 2011). My wife entered the UK in Sep 2010 as Tier 1 - dependent.

When I changed my visa status to ILR, she had to change her visa to FLR M which is granted until Dec 2013.

Can she apply for ILR in Sep 2012, on the basis that she had lived in this country for 2 years (Tier 1 dependent 1 year + FLR M - 1 year) or

has she got to wait until Dec 2013 to apply for ILR. Please advice.

Thanks.

rajasekhar_you

Post by rajasekhar_you » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:03 pm

obviously you can apply ILR for your wife in sept 2012 when she finishes 2 yrs of stay in UK as your dependent. see the SET-M form guidance notes.

pavanne
Newly Registered

Post by pavanne » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:57 pm

Hi,
Same kind of case with my wife's.
She came in Sept 2010 as T1 dependant
Changed as ILR dependant in Nov 2011 when I moved from T1 to ILR.
She went to India for 6 months (Dec 2011 - May 2012) and came in May 2012.

Can she apply for ILR now as she completed 2 years as spouse to me(but 6 months outside UK)?

Thanks
Pavan

coolrock

Post by coolrock » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:16 am

Hi All,

When i checked the UKBA website to apply ILR for my wife (using SET M), it states the following
----------
You should book a settlement checking service appointment before your current leave expires and you can attend your appointment when you have completed or are within 28 days of completing a 2-year qualifying period, see above.

If you were given an entry clearance visa (issued abroad), your 2-year qualifying period started from the date your visa was stamped, by the Immigration Officer, when you entered the UK.

If you have a residence permit or a biometric residence permit (BRP) (issued in the UK) the 2-year qualifying period started from the date these were issued (valid from date).

---------------

She was granted Tier 1 General Partner visa when she was in India in Sep 2010 and later she got her BRP as Leave to Remain Spouse/Partner in Nov 2011.

So should i take BRP year 2011 and calculate 2 years from there or can i consider her Tier 1 Partner visa ifrom 2010 .

Can someone help pls.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:32 am

Life isn't fair, but you can be!