ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

discretionary resident permits?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

krisdennis
Newly Registered

discretionary resident permits?

Post by krisdennis » Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:56 am

Can my husband - who is Ghanian rely on this in his passport for a mortgage??

krisdennis
Newly Registered

Post by krisdennis » Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:56 am

a residency permit that is

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:53 am

I htink you are going to have to expand on your question...it's not exactly clear what you're asking.
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:53 pm

I presume the op's spouse has some sort of discretionary type residence permit of limited duration i.e. it has an expiry date. Depending on what basis this was granted it may be of several months to several years duration e.g. 3 years. Mortgage providers have differing policies on the immigration status of their prospective clients...some don't want to know you if you don't have ILR as a minimum. Some are more flexible and will accept those on employment based permits especially if they are of long term duration e.g. 5 year WP. See a broker is the usual approach noted on the forum.