ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2(G)application sent without sponsor licence

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gameover_786

Tier 2(G)application sent without sponsor licence

Post by gameover_786 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:54 pm

Hi Guys,

Hope all are fine.

I applied for Tier2(G) without Sponsor's reference number and COS on 20th Aug, the date when my visa expired. My employer had applied for the sponsor licence but they did not get any response until today. My HR manager even sent the email to UKBA for urgent treatment of there application but there was no reply from UKBA. So i submitted my application with a covering letter from my employer explaining the whole situation and also to accept and hold my application. The application fee was deducted on the 22nd Aug and I received the confirmation letter from UKBA on 28th Aug. Today i received biometrics enrollment letter instructing me to enroll within 15 days.
I am bit confused here as my company still did not got there sponsorship licence yet. If i enroll for biometrics it is very likely that they are going to refuse my application. I need advise from you guys. What should i do now ?
Thank you for your help and will appreciate your suggestions.

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:37 pm

Hi Gameover_786,

I am surprised that they have accepted the application without COS, (Is your employer is already have sponsorship license ) As per my knowledge and understanding incomplete application sent

(If you do not give us all the documents we need when you apply and send your application form, we may refuse your application because you have not sent enough documents, and your fee will not be refunded.

(You do not need to send any evidence of sponsorship as your sponsorship is confirmed in your certificate of sponsorship, and you must give your reference number when you apply)
this is what the Home Office website says check the link below

and they shouldnt have process the application and would have ask you to provide the missing documents but like you said you have attached the company letter which i think giving you edge and they puting you application on hold (which i think they dont do as it will be treated as incomplete application) but you never know as they have asked you to register for the biometric in 15 days so go for it and hopefully by than you will have things sorted.

Good luck and all the best

also check this Link

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ntstosend/

gameover_786

Post by gameover_786 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:24 pm

Hi Rehan,

Thanks for your reply. You are right that incomplete applications are usually declared as invalid but in my case as i mentioned i have attached the covering letter from my employer explaining the situation. Also i attached the confirmation email sent by UKBA for acceptance of the sponsorship application with the payment receipt.
The one and only purpose to share this post was to get some views from the users as i know many of us are in a similar situation. home office is not only accepting the incomplete applications but also process them as well. You just need to give them a proper reason supported with the evidences.

Any one in a similar situation please share your experience as it will be very helpful.

sussexguy

Post by sussexguy » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:44 pm

Hi,

I am glad your thing is working at least up until now and hope will get through ok!

Do you know when did your company made their sponsorship application? Did they use professional help and did they advice you do this?

My company made their application ages ago (mid april) still not processed. They had been talking about olympics rush and so on. Do keep us posted about your progress, really interesting! :)

johnjkjk

Post by johnjkjk » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:54 am

Incorrect advice being doled out here.

In such situation, it is highly likely that rejection owing to missing information will be based on discretion by an immigration officer rather than clerical staff and this almost always happens after biometrics are enrolled.

Second until immigration decision is made you have the right to vary the grounds of your application ie can ask for new information to be considered.

So you will need to submit licence and cos number before the application reaches a caseworker and remember its still up to their discretion ie the circumstances written in your covering letter.

Ask for urgent treatment on licence and also keep checking sponsor register as it appears there immediately but they can take weeks to inform by letter.

chris_g642
Newly Registered

Post by chris_g642 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:47 pm

My strong recommendation is not to enroll Bio-metrics yet, if you dont appear for it within given 15 working days, they will send you 2 more reminders for 17 working days to 15 working days (which means 2 to 3 months easily)... in fact if you send them address change application after 3 bio-metrics invitations, they will again repeat the bio-metrics letters process 2 or 3 times which should give you more than at least 3 to 4 months if you want to hold your application without any decision or invalidation of your application... You can buy 3 to 4 months easily and you must get the CoS meantime so you can send it... Biometrics staff dont have a right to approve/refuse your application and unless untill you havent enrolled for biometrics they cant forward your application to caseworker for final decision but they will send you 3 to 4 times biometrics enrollment letters which you wont enroll untill you get your Cos... what maximum bio-metric staff can do is, after 3-4 months, return your file by invalidating it with Fresh Application right due to the absence of your 'bio-metrics' report they are waiting for!! which should be still in your favor... The best way to buy time... Thanks, Hope it helps

gameover_786

Post by gameover_786 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:25 pm

Thanks Chris_g642 for your suggestion.
Now i have some confidence that i can buy some more time.

Thank you once again

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:32 am

Hi Guys,

@ Chris thanks for coming out with fantastic idea to buy some time i will definately keep that in mind as i am in same boat and my visa is about to expire in January 2013 and my employer is still waiting for a registration certificate from a governing body which we need to apply for sponsorship (Thanks to Olympic and now Paralympics) hopefully with in 2 weeks time my employer will be able to submit it and i doubt it very much that i will have COS before my visa runs out so i will definately keep your idea of buying time in my mind.

@ Gameover_786

Good luck with your application and do keep us posted and update regarding this as it will be a big help for most of us out there.

Kind Regards

Rehan

Mancala Hour

Post by Mancala Hour » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:33 am

Gameover, are you still in the UK? If so, does it work for someone to "buy time" on an expired visa, Chris_g642? I don't understand.

gameover_786

Post by gameover_786 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:51 pm

Hi all,

Thank you for your suggestion and ideas. Yes i am in the UK and working for the same company. As long as i have decision pending on my application i am legally allowed to be here in the UK and work as my previous leave to remain in the UK was Tier 1 (PSW).

Do not worry guys i will keep you all in the loop.

Wish me Luck!!

gameover_786

Post by gameover_786 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:39 pm

Hi guys,

Is there any body else in the similar situation please share your experience as there are many people in the same mess and want to know whats going on.

I think we should help each other to get out of this situation created by the UKBA due to delays in issuing sponsor licence and cos.

Many thanks

chris_g642
Newly Registered

Post by chris_g642 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:19 pm

Hey *Mancala Hour*, yes You sure can buy time on expired visa as well but it depends on your plans afterwards and your situation... Therefore, to derive better ideas out, this is very important to recon your situation properly, if you can explain your situation, than we sure can suggest you something pretty useful to buy time!! Thanks for showing interest and trust

gameover_786

Post by gameover_786 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:39 pm

Hi Guys,

Wants to give you some update on my case. My HR manager called up again to UKBA to check the status of our application and she has got same answer that its is still in process bla bla bla.

So i need to buy some time and as one of you have suggested me to skip the biometrics enrollment i am going to do that.

Hope it works i can buy some more time before my company get there licence.

Hope it helps

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:51 pm

Hi Game Over,

Hope you doing well just wondering when did you employer applied for Sponsorship License? As my employer will be applying for Sponsorship license something this week as they are still sorting some paperwork hopefuly in 2 weeks it will be submitted so just wondering when was it submited by your employer?

I am not too sure about the buying time thing but if it work than i guess its brilliant way to buy some time and u never knw by then u might get the sponsorship and COS sorted.

I am 101% sure if my employer apply for sponsorship license now they will not get it by January 2013 (that is when my visa is expiring) so I have started working on it and keeping my options open and planning ahead that which path i should take.

Please advise

Regards
Rehan

rocky_84
Newly Registered

similar situation

Post by rocky_84 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:30 am

Hi All,
I am in a similar situation, my company applied for sponsor license in april and still no reply from the ukba .
my visa expires on sep-23.

wen my hr called the ukba they said to email my visa details 14 days before my visa expires and my hr has done that yesterday, waiting for the ukba reply now.
when my hr called the ukba yesterday they said all sponsor progresss requests are not handled by email.

gameover_786

Post by gameover_786 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:42 pm

Hi all,

My company applied for sponsor ship licence on 01/08/12 and today 11/09/12 we received a letter from UKBA that our sponsorship application has been refused.
I am in a state of bother here as my Tier 2 application is already in process based on that sponsorship application. My company is going to apply again within next 2 or three days.
I assume if they apply within 2 to 3 days it will have no effect on my application. Could some body please correct me if i am wrong.

Secondly if some body could please help me to under stand the reason for refusal. The reason UKBA give is that they are unable to verify the solicitor who signed the documents.

This reason appears to be very bizarre to me as all the documents where stamped by the solicitor and signed.

Your urgent response will be highly appreciated.

Regards

gameover_786

Post by gameover_786 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:19 pm

Hi guys,

I need your help. Please suggest me what should i do know. Its been three days since i came to know that my company's sponsorship application has been refused.

As you can see my old posts that my visa has already been expired and i applied for tier 2 general with out sponsorship nbr and cos.

My company has submitted a new application today for sponsorship.

Please advise me what can i do in the case that i received a response form UKBA on my visa application. At the moment my biometrics enrollment is pending and i am delaying so that my company get the sponsorship licence etc.

Many thanks

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:24 pm

Hi GameOver786,

I am keeping close eye on your post as i am sure i will be in same boat in couple of months time and I really wish you all the best (I hope very soon you will be out of this mess and will have the visa sorted).

As you mention that you have Biometric Pendind and you are delaying so you can get the Sponsorship license sorted so keep buying time as mention by Chris in his earlier response by not booking and thn changing address (in worst case senario)

Also kindly could you please PM me you email address or some sort of contact details as i want to discuss something personal regarding my situation which i dont want to post it here

cheers

Rehan

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:09 am

Hi

just wondering is there any update on your case? please post

gameover_786

Post by gameover_786 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:56 pm

Hi guys,

Just to give you an update on my case that today i have received my 2nd bio metric enrollment letter from UKBA. They give me an other 17 day to enroll my bio-metric.

They sent me this 2nd letter after a month of sending me the 1st one. Till today no update on my company's sponsor application.

I have heard that UKBA will send me application back stating invalid if i fail enroll for bio-metric after my second letter. My question is if they do so, will i get refund for my visa application?

Thanks

chris_g642
Newly Registered

Post by chris_g642 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:32 pm

yes Gameover, you will get your application fee back since it is not forwarded to the caseworker yet and has been processed... and second thing, you wont get your application back till 3 to 4 biometric invitations... so you still can hang it for moreover for 2 to 3 more months... just follow this guidance, I am sure it will work in your favor... Thumbs up !!

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:00 pm

Hi Chris,

I am keeping close eye on all this conversation and its very very helpful for me and I guess for others too .... I am 101% sure that will be in same situation as gameover in couple of months time so will definately be using the same trick to buy more time by delaying biometric if that is what I have to do to buy time ... And chris can u send me private message with your email address or something as I just need to discuss something which I dnt want to write here.

Hope you understand

Regards

Rehan

chathumac
Newly Registered

Post by chathumac » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:41 am

Hi all ,

I am also in the same situation as you guys. My visa expires on 16th of December and we applied for the licence on 20th of April 2012. Haven't had any response from UKBA so far. I am keeping an eye on the sponsor register and I can't see our company name on the list.

Another question I have is when we get the Licence, do I have to wait for few days/weeks to get the SOC code and the COS ? or is it instantaneous ? We have asked for 2 unrestricted cos when we applied the licence. Please advice. I am working for my current employer over last 2 years.

What are my best options right now ? Also should I just apply visa by myself or should I seek help from a visa agent.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:24 pm

chathumac wrote:Hi all ,

I am also in the same situation as you guys. My visa expires on 16th of December and we applied for the licence on 20th of April 2012. Haven't had any response from UKBA so far. I am keeping an eye on the sponsor register and I can't see our company name on the list. If the sponsor licence application is in order, i.e. no errors or omissions, it shouldn't be too long now. Current timelines suggest up to 6 months from application.

Another question I have is when we get the Licence, do I have to wait for few days/weeks to get the SOC code and the COS ? or is it instantaneous ? We have asked for 2 unrestricted cos when we applied the licence. Please advice. I am working for my current employer over last 2 years. It is up to your employer - once they get their licence and the requested allocations they can assign the cost immediately using the online SMS. The SOC code and salary will be stated in the CoS.

What are my best options right now? wait Also should I just apply visa by myself or should I seek help from a visa agent. depends how confident you feel. You can only apply once you have the CoS.

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by makky86 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:32 pm

chathumac wrote:Hi all ,

I am also in the same situation as you guys. My visa expires on 16th of December and we applied for the licence on 20th of April 2012. Haven't had any response from UKBA so far. I am keeping an eye on the sponsor register and I can't see our company name on the list.

Another question I have is when we get the Licence, do I have to wait for few days/weeks to get the SOC code and the COS ? or is it instantaneous ? We have asked for 2 unrestricted cos when we applied the licence. Please advice. I am working for my current employer over last 2 years.

What are my best options right now ? Also should I just apply visa by myself or should I seek help from a visa agent.
Its unbelievable. Could you update us once you get the license.