ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I need to accompany spouse?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

zu79
Newly Registered

Do I need to accompany spouse?

Post by zu79 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:53 pm

I got HSMP approval. I had claimed total 90 points including 10 points for partner. Don't know whether they considered or not as HSMP approval letter did not give breakup of points scored. My guess is that they would have definitely considered as I had attached sufficient documentations.

My questions are :
1. Is it mandatory to apply wife's EC for HSMP dependent along with my EC?. Can she file her dependent HSMP visa later on??

2. Does my wife also need to travel along with me to UK or can she enter later once i get settled down.

3. My plan is to get my EC done. Most probably my wife would get WP done. We both will travel together (she on WP and I on HSMP). After few months, once we settle down, she would get her WP changed to HSMP dependent while in UK. Our main concern is to avoid risk to travelling to UK without job. So in our case since wife would be on WP with a confirmed UK assignment, it would be easier for us to settle down fast. Is this possible.

Appreciate your help...

junkie_s
Newly Registered

Re: Do I need to accompany spouse?

Post by junkie_s » Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:41 pm

zu79 wrote:I got HSMP approval. I had claimed total 90 points including 10 points for partner. Don't know whether they considered or not as HSMP approval letter did not give breakup of points scored. My guess is that they would have definitely considered as I had attached sufficient documentations.

Yes it is bad that we dont get the breakup

My questions are :
1. Is it mandatory to apply wife's EC for HSMP dependent along with my EC?. Can she file her dependent HSMP visa later on??

Its not mandatory for both of you to file for EC.. she can file for a depeneent on her own..

2. Does my wife also need to travel along with me to UK or can she enter later once i get settled down.

Just the way your wife can join you in UK if you marry after you get your Visa, she can join you later when you settle.

3. My plan is to get my EC done. Most probably my wife would get WP done. We both will travel together (she on WP and I on HSMP). After few months, once we settle down, she would get her WP changed to HSMP dependent while in UK. Our main concern is to avoid risk to travelling to UK without job. So in our case since wife would be on WP with a confirmed UK assignment, it would be easier for us to settle down fast. Is this possible.

Yes she can travel on one visa, and get her status changed but believe me it will be slightly difficult for her to job hunt if she is on a WP. . as in the UK, employers / agencies insist on seeing the actual visa.. Why cant she work on the confirmed assignment when on your dependent.. alternatively she can get the WP, and later without letting her company know convert it to your dep.. they will never know this, and she will also be able to try and take up another job.. so thats your safest bet

Appreciate your help...