ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

cohabitation documents

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jsamad

cohabitation documents

Post by jsamad » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:10 pm

Hi,
I understand that the dependent should show the proof to be living with the main applicant. In my case I dont have any joint account with my Wife, however her Bank address is same as mine and all other bills are only on my name. will just the bank statements suffix to prove the Cohabitation?
We can get a letter from her employer specifying from how long she is been residing in the same place? Please let me know if these would be sufficient or do I need to make a join account? I am due to apply by Jan 2013 under Tier 1 General

Thanks,
Samad

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:31 pm

Page 40 of Set O form says:

If you have a spouse or civil partner listed in section 2 of this application form who is applying at the same
time as you, please provide documentary evidence of cohabitation since you were last granted leave (up to a
maximum of two years). Evidence provided should cover the whole period and be in the form of official letters
or documents, addressed to yourself and your spouse.

'Joint account' is not a published requirement. However, it helps to include those if you have them. Other eligible documents include utility bills, NHS letters/reminders, bank statements, council tax letters, etc.

Ideally you would want to have documents from different sources, for both individuals, spread over a few months, that would cover the 2 year period (in the setO form case).
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

jsamad

Post by jsamad » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:34 pm

Thanks wpilr_nov12