ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for British passport together.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

manyaonisland
Member of Standing

Applying for British passport together.

Post by manyaonisland » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:24 am

Hello Everyone,

I tried searching for specific info but could not get anything on the forum regarding this hence though of starting new topic just to see whether anyone had prior experience on this or done this before.

My wife and I will be attending naturalization ceremony together and hence I am thinking of applying for British passport at the same time. Though she and I will be filling separate application forms for passport I am wondering would it be possible to send both these application together in single envelope and with only one completed payment slip with appropriate amount for both of us (the payment slip does have instruction about adjusting amount in case of multiple applications)?

I am not planning to go via check and send (I used it last time while applying for my daughter’s passport and I was knowing more than the lady in post office hence thought that was waste of money frankly!). I am also planning to include the Secure delivery return envelope to send the documents back hence, more importantly, will they use same envelope to send documents for both of us together?

I would be very grateful if anyone having more information/ experience on this matter which they can share here.

Thanks in advance.
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.

manyaonisland
Member of Standing

Post by manyaonisland » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:42 am

Answering my first question -
The Guide here answers the first part of question where it says that while applying for family one can send all applications in one envelope.

Anyone has any experience with second? please let me know.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: Applying for British passport together.

Post by Jambo » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:21 am

manyaonisland wrote:I am also planning to include the Secure delivery return envelope to send the documents back hence, more importantly, will they use same envelope to send documents for both of us together?
This doesn't work like that in passport applications. To have the documents returned with a courier service, you need to pay additional £3 per application. The documents will be delivered using DX, the same courier which will delivers the passports.

manyaonisland
Member of Standing

Re: Applying for British passport together.

Post by manyaonisland » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:29 am

Jambo wrote: This doesn't work like that in passport applications. To have the documents returned with a courier service, you need to pay additional £3 per application. The documents will be delivered using DX, the same courier which will delivers the passports.
The issue with that is that they fold the Naturalization certificate which is not what i want.

there was topic about folding the certificate and what someone have tried but there is no confirmation whether it works hence wanted to confirm with the members here who have already done it.

manyaonisland
Member of Standing

Post by manyaonisland » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:12 am

Here is an update..

I did send both applications together and included one copy of the CC details for debit of the fees.

I also included one secure delivery return envelope and one do not bend envelope

In the covering letter I requested the person working on the case to kindly return the documents in that envelope. I also included the 'next day secure Delivery' envelope making sure that the do not bend envelope fits into the secure delivery envelope and certificates actually fits in do not bend envelope.

Today when I got my documents back those were in the secure delivery envelope but without the do not bend envelope and the certificates have very obvious signs of being folded.

It is beyond me why, even after including the envelope and requesting in the nicest possible way, they did not use that envelope?

so sending 'Do not bend' envelope is waste of time and money!