ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER-1 DEPENDENT CHILD MAINTANCE POLICY GUIDANCE ISSUE

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

kotha_001
Newly Registered

Post by kotha_001 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:04 pm

HI,

I Found UK Immirgration forum is best place to discuss issues about Visa rules.

I am applying for Dependent Visa for my new born baby next week. And i have been in UK from last 3 years with my wife and we got extension in last march.

Now if i apply Dependent visa for my baby saparetly, do i need to show only £600 as maintance or Do i need to show addition of £600 along with £600 for my wife.? ( even though my wife got dependent visa already in march & i have shown extra £600 during that time)

But currently in my account i have funds of only £600 for my child. Will they ask these funds are not sufficient to maintain both depenedents even though my wife got dependent visa already in march?

THanks
Sujan

hsmp505

Post by hsmp505 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:44 pm

unfortunately it would be £2100.

If Main applicant is in UK for more then 12 months then £600 for each dependent + his own £900. So for your case it would be £900 + 600 + 600.

A firend of mine is applying for his new born in two weeks and that's what he is maintining after confirming from UKBA.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... olicy1.pdf

Check page 8 (point 47) in above pdf document.

varghesejim
India

Re: TIER-1 DEPENDENT CHILD MAINTANCE POLICY GUIDANCE ISSUE

Post by varghesejim » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:28 pm

kotha_001 wrote:HI,

I Found UK Immirgration forum is best place to discuss issues about Visa rules.

I am applying for Dependent Visa for my new born baby next week. And i have been in UK from last 3 years with my wife and we got extension in last march.

Now if i apply Dependent visa for my baby saparetly, do i need to show only £600 as maintance or Do i need to show addition of £600 along with £600 for my wife.? ( even though my wife got dependent visa already in march & i have shown extra £600 during that time)

But currently in my account i have funds of only £600 for my child. Will they ask these funds are not sufficient to maintain both depenedents even though my wife got dependent visa already in march?

THanks
Sujan
We had a long discussion about this some time back. The rule does not require you to have funds for everybody. But, the wordings in the policy guidance is confusing. I recommend sending a mail to UKBA and attach the response with your application. See the post for more information.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 998#520243