ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4 documents

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

renu

EEA4 documents

Post by renu » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:53 am

hi, i am applying for EEA4 and i wanted to know what are the documents to send to home offiice. do i have to show bills for each month for the past 5 years and mainly the documents asking are from my husband (Polish national), what are the documents i need to show. we both work...thanks.
do i have to put a letter as well to home office?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:30 am

I suggest you read the form. There is a whole section on the evidence required.

renu

Post by renu » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:37 am

Jambo wrote:I suggest you read the form. There is a whole section on the evidence required.
i did read the form. but i am not sure if bank statement and my husband payslips will be enough...also, do i have to show the statement and payslips for each month of the 5 years

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:50 am

I'm not a big fan of bank statements to prove residency. Just too many pages. If you are working then P60s or a letter from your employer confirming you have working in the office in the UK (apart from X number of holidays) could serve the same purpose. Or maybe 5 X annual council tax bill? For residence you just need to prove you have been in the UK for more than 6 months per year

For your (EEA national) husband 5 P60s or a letter from employer would be fine.

Make the application simple. It would be easier for you and easier for the caseworker.

Plum70
Diamond Member

Final Uber-Cautious Document Checklist

Post by Plum70 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:47 pm

Sorry to piggy-back on this post but thought better than starting a similar topic.

This also concerns my EEA4 application which i'll be sending off in about 3 weeks and i'm still unsettled about showing proof of 5-years' residency for me.

I had initially decided to provide joint annual water bills from June '07 - April '13 but now realise that the last bill for 12/13 is dated March 2012 which doesn't prove residency up till October 2012.

Joint council tax bills: Can show from June '07 - April '12. Annual bill for 2012/13 is dated March 2012 and, though it lists payments due up till March 2013, doesn't necessarily prove residency up till Oct. '12. Also for the first 2 years of our tenancy we were paying our council tax direct to our landlady with the understanding that she would forward it on to the council, only to find out in '09 that no c.tax had been paid at all for 2years! As a result two annual c.tax bills show us owing £2500 and though eventually paid off with evidence in 2010's bill, I feel this might still count against me.

My P60s: same thing...Can supply from '07 - '12 but last P60 was issued April 2012.

Tenancy agreement: Can show from May '07 - end of Oct. '12, and though we're likely to extend by another 6 months, this won't be till after I submit my EEA4.

So, what do I do? Heck!

renu

Post by renu » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:55 pm

Jambo wrote:I'm not a big fan of bank statements to prove residency. Just too many pages. If you are working then P60s or a letter from your employer confirming you have working in the office in the UK (apart from X number of holidays) could serve the same purpose. Or maybe 5 X annual council tax bill? For residence you just need to prove you have been in the UK for more than 6 months per year

For your (EEA national) husband 5 P60s or a letter from employer would be fine.

Make the application simple. It would be easier for you and easier for the caseworker.
i can only show joint account of my bank statement from november to present as evidence of residency, i have council tax bills for last year and this year only as before we were renting and had nothing on our name. also, my employer gave me a letter of employment will this letter be enough or i have to show my P60 as well. i know it is a lot of statement but i will send 6 statements of each year... what do you think?

renu

Re: Final Uber-Cautious Document Checklist

Post by renu » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:57 pm

Plum70 wrote:Sorry to piggy-back on this post but thought better than starting a similar topic.

This also concerns my EEA4 application which i'll be sending off in about 3 weeks and i'm still unsettled about showing proof of 5-years' residency for me.

I had initially decided to provide joint annual water bills from June '07 - April '13 but now realise that the last bill for 12/13 is dated March 2012 which doesn't prove residency up till October 2012.

Joint council tax bills: Can show from June '07 - April '12. Annual bill for 2012/13 is dated March 2012 and, though it lists payments due up till March 2013, doesn't necessarily prove residency up till Oct. '12. Also for the first 2 years of our tenancy we were paying our council tax direct to our landlady with the understanding that she would forward it on to the council, only to find out in '09 that no c.tax had been paid at all for 2years! As a result two annual c.tax bills show us owing £2500 and though eventually paid off with evidence in 2010's bill, I feel this might still count against me.

My P60s: same thing...Can supply from '07 - '12 but last P60 was issued April 2012.

Tenancy agreement: Can show from May '07 - end of Oct. '12, and though we're likely to extend by another 6 months, this won't be till after I submit my EEA4.

So, what do I do? Heck!
hi, i will post mine by end of next week annd proof of residency, i can only show joint bank account statements...do you think this will be enough?

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:07 pm

renu wrote:hi, i will post mine by end of next week annd proof of residency, i can only show joint bank account statements...do you think this will be enough?
Joint bank statements are fine but, as already mentioned, way too bulky.

sum1
- thin ice -

Post by sum1 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:16 pm

Plum70 wrote:
renu wrote:hi, i will post mine by end of next week annd proof of residency, i can only show joint bank account statements...do you think this will be enough?
Then just use a sensible subset. What's the point in providing the, say, 5-10 pages of single statement? A single page gives just as much information as any other. You are too much concerned. You seem to have ample evidence.

renu

Post by renu » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:20 pm

Plum70 wrote:
well, it is bulky but that the only evidence i have...
what are the other documents need to be sent for EEA and non- EEA?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:21 pm

Plum70 wrote:Sorry to piggy-back on this post but thought better than starting a similar topic.

So, what do I do? Heck!
You only need to show residence for more than 6 months a year so not having bills until the date of the application should not be an issue.

I would go for the water bills + one or two payslips from March till now to cover the gap (you can explain that in a cover letter).

Tenancy agreements tend to be even heavier than bank statements so I would skip those.

[I must say I find the "proof of residence" required by the HO ridiculous. Apart from proving you received bills under your name, you don't really prove anything]

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:24 pm

renu wrote: i can only show joint account of my bank statement from november to present as evidence of residency, i have council tax bills for last year and this year only as before we were renting and had nothing on our name. also, my employer gave me a letter of employment will this letter be enough or i have to show my P60 as well. i know it is a lot of statement but i will send 6 statements of each year... what do you think?
It should be fine. It is more important to make sure the EEA national evidence is correct. Then getting the EEA4 is much simpler.

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:31 pm

Jambo wrote:Tenancy agreements tend to be even heavier than bank statements so I would skip those.
Our tenancy agreement is only about 8 pages: The original agreement which auto-rolled over year on year till Oct. 2010 when our landlady suggested that we renew it officially. So we renewed for one year till Oct. 2011 and then twice for 6 months (Oct 11' - April '12 and then April '12 - Oct. '12). My husband used these when he successfully applied for PR in Nov. last year.

OR

I could provide my P60s from '07-'12 and then payslips from May - Sept.?
Jambo wrote:[I must say I find the "proof of residence" required by the HO ridiculous. Apart from proving you received bills under your name, you don't really prove anything]
I imagine that ones entries and exits from the UK can easily be checked on the integrated UKBA system. Also why they request periods of absence from the UK.
Last edited by Plum70 on Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sum1
- thin ice -

Post by sum1 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:34 pm

Jambo wrote:[I must say I find the "proof of residence" required by the HO ridiculous. Apart from proving you received bills under your name, you don't really prove anything]
That's why I say that work related documents are "best" because there is at least one other person that should be able to confirm the presence of the worker. Applicants also need to be aware that under EEA law any sensible document may be fine: why are credit card statements or letters from insurance companies less worth then the "standard" lot?

sum1
- thin ice -

Post by sum1 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:46 pm

Plum70 wrote:I imagine that ones entries and exits from the UK can easily be checked on the integrated UKBA system. Also why they request periods of absence from the UK.
My understanding is that at least EEA internal flights cannot be legally stored in such a database. The request to list all absences is a convenience for the caseworker. There is no requirement to fill that in (just as there is no requirement to completely fill it in or use the form at all).

anp

Post by anp » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:26 pm

Do you know any case that was refused based on lack of proof of residency? Also, do you need to prove the whole 5 years or only 3?
Be good.

anp

Post by anp » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:32 pm

Jambo wrote:I must say I find the "proof of residence" required by the HO ridiculous. Apart from proving you received bills under your name, you don't really prove anything]
Totally agree. It's a stupid formality. Anyone could provide those whether or not one lived at the suggested address.
Be good.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:09 pm

Jambo wrote: [I must say I find the "proof of residence" required by the HO ridiculous. Apart from proving you received bills under your name, you don't really prove anything]
I completely agree with this. It shows for example that one held a bank account, not residence. However, in the absence of a compulsory residence register (not a vote winner), what can they do?

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:19 pm

sum1 wrote:
That's why I say that work related documents are "best" because there is at least one other person that should be able to confirm the presence of the worker. Applicants also need to be aware that under EEA law any sensible document may be fine: why are credit card statements or letters from insurance companies less worth then the "standard" lot?
Please don't complicate matters for people (I know you qualify that a little later). There is no "best".

The directive says, ref article 21
For the purposes of this Directive, continuity of residence may be attested by any means of proof in use in the host Member State.
In the UK, the items mentioned on EEA3/4 forms are considered to be valid means of proof.

No need to send tonnes of paper - a sensible selection demonstrating proof will be fine.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:22 pm

anp wrote:Do you know any case that was refused based on lack of proof of residency? Also, do you need to prove the whole 5 years or only 3?

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:24 pm

sum1 wrote:[There is no requirement to fill that in (just as there is no requirement to completely fill it in or use the form at all).
Correct. Never lie, never makes things up. If one can't remember every little absence, state so in a covering letter (and that it was never more than 6 months, etc), don't fret.

sum1
- thin ice -

Post by sum1 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:35 am

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:
sum1 wrote:[There is no requirement to fill that in (just as there is no requirement to completely fill it in or use the form at all).
Correct. Never lie, never makes things up. If one can't remember every little absence, state so in a covering letter (and that it was never more than 6 months, etc), don't fret.
The applicant is not legally required to give details of his/her travel history so there is also no need to explain that in some lengthy cover letter. In case it was not clear: there is no requirement to use the application form at all nor can a partially filled form in itself be a reason for refusal. The applicant is completely free in showing how he/she satisfies the condition for PR and is not bound to any particular format. The items on the guidance/application form are typical examples not an exhaustive list. Useful to know for those who can't produce the "usual" documents for some reason.

Besides, I'm not complicating things here, I am just explaining. I write here my opinions just as you do.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:59 am

sum1 wrote:
EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:
The applicant is not legally required to give details of his/her travel history so there is also no need to explain that in some lengthy cover letter. In case it was not clear: there is no requirement to use the application form at all nor can a partially filled form in itself be a reason for refusal. The applicant is completely free in showing how he/she satisfies the condition for PR and is not bound to any particular format. The items on the guidance/application form are typical examples not an exhaustive list. Useful to know for those who can't produce the "usual" documents for some reason.

Besides, I'm not complicating things here, I am just explaining. I write here my opinions just as you do.
Correct, but if one wants a straight-forward process....

renu

Post by renu » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:24 am

quick question: if i show home office a letter from my work place, showing that i am employed from 2005 till present, will this letter be enough or i have to show payslips along with the letter of employment.

renu

Post by renu » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:54 am

hi, i will be sending these documents to HO for my EEA4 application, please let me know if it is enough documents to send...any advices will be highly appreciate.
FoR NON- EEA NATIONAL:
-PASSPORT,
-2 PHOTOS PASSPORT,
- EVIDENCE OF RESIDENCE ( 5 YEARS OF JOINT BANK STATEMENTS)
-MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE
- LETTER OF EMPLOYMENT

FOR EEA NATIONAL:
- PASSPORT /ID
- JOINT BANK STATEMENTS (PROOF OF RESIDENCE)
- P60S; LETTER OF EMPLOYMENT AND LAST 3 MONTHS OF PAYSLIPS
-REGISTRATION CARD
-PERMANENT RESIIDENCE CARD ( RECEIVED AFTER APPLYING EEA3).

now, do you think i need to write a cover letter? and my husband has naturalisation certificate, do i have to send it with the application, will it help?