ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying Naturalization-Passport expires soon after applying

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

erpfresh

Applying Naturalization-Passport expires soon after applying

Post by erpfresh » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:21 pm

Hi All,

I got ILR in last week of November 2011, I can apply for naturalization in november 2012, but My Indian passport is going to expire in the last week of February 2013 in which ILR is stamped

My question is:
Is it required to renew my passport before applying for naturalization as only 3 months will be left for the passport to get expired(As the passport might expire in the process of naturalization), or can that be left as I will be anyway getting my British passport.

Please let me know your valuable inputs.

noble72uk
- thin ice -

Re: Applying Naturalization-Passport expires soon after appl

Post by noble72uk » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:56 pm

erpfresh wrote:Hi All,

I got ILR in last week of November 2011, I can apply for naturalization in november 2012, but My Indian passport is going to expire in the last week of February 2013 in which ILR is stamped

My question is:
Is it required to renew my passport before applying for naturalization as only 3 months will be left for the passport to get expired(As the passport might expire in the process of naturalization), or can that be left as I will be anyway getting my British passport.

Please let me know your valuable inputs.
Just Relax. Apply in November as normal you don't need to worry.

You know that if you apply Via NCS they will hand you your passport back, they just keep the copies

erpfresh

Post by erpfresh » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:43 pm

Thank you noble72uk for your very quick response