ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

student visa fee refund

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

barbie1

student visa fee refund

Post by barbie1 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:18 pm

I applied for a student visa at the beginning of September and submitted my application/ got the biometrics done in person 3 days later. I stated with my application that my university has asked me to be in the UK on Sep 17th for the enrollment and classes start Sep 24th! Now I have just received a call from the British Embassy in my country to ask me to go for an interview on the 24th of September!! I missed my deadline and the university will no longer accept me now so I don't see the purpose of going along with this till the end. Is there any way I will be able to withdraw my application/ get a refund of my visa fee on the grounds that this has taken too long? FYI I know it takes way longer for some people but I had clear deadlines which I made clear to them too and anyway they state that the waiting time for such visas at the British Embassy in my country are 15 days at max! Any chance of me getting my money back?

Also I paid my fees via Paypal, should I dispute the amount and file a claim with UKBA on there? Anyone done this in the past? What was your experience?

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:05 pm

Anything you do from now on to get the fee back will be of no use as they have already processed your application. You may go ahead to withdraw your application at your discretion but fees will not be refunded.

Regards

quantum1
Member of Standing

Post by quantum1 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:24 pm

bruteforce wrote:Anything you do from now on to get the fee back will be of no use as they have already processed your application. You may go ahead to withdraw your application at your discretion but fees will not be refunded.

Regards
Only biometrics has been done, so application is still ongoing until decision is made. Interview is part of application process so OP can go for interview and take the opportunity to withdraw application. On the other hand OP can ask for university to allow for late registration due to UKBA taking long in deciding application and this could be agreed on with university.

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:33 pm

It doesn't matter that the application is still ongoing, once the application has been made the fees won't be refunded should the applicant chose to withdraw the application (in any case if the op has been invited for an interview this suggests that the eco has looked at the application in order to decide an interview is necessary.

Deepshithole2010

Post by Deepshithole2010 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:54 am

Don't get so paranoid,the first week of Uni is only induction and there are hardly any studies that take place and even if you miss a couple of lectures you could always catch up, I am sure if you explain to your Uni that you could enroll a couple of weeks later that should not be a problem as surely you would have paid them the fees at least for that semester.

In any case if your interview is on the 24th of Sept you will get your visa on the same day and can fly the following day,speak to your Uni in my opinion they cannot be so inflexible!!!

Molten Gold
Newly Registered

Post by Molten Gold » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:23 pm

I joined uni in the second week of october and caught up within 3-4 days.

But contact your university and tell them to grant you an extension. They'll update the same on the CAS electronically.