ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent need advice !!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

subujoseph
India

Urgent need advice !!!!

Post by subujoseph » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:00 pm

On September 6th my wife submitted an application for PSW Dependent. Today she received an email from UKBA in India that she need to submit a new set of Original Bank Statements with Banks Logo on each page.
Earlier I had submitted Bank Statements which were printed out from a local branch. it had the official seal of the bank on each page.
As far as I know the banks statements which i submitted are valid. It says so in the PBS Dependant Guidance.

They have given a deadline until October 1st for the new documents. Now my problem is this the type of account that I have will generate statements only once in a year. Therefore I cannot have the official statements now. The other option is to take printouts from the bank as I did previously.

Please advice me on this. Is there any way that I could request some more time to the October 1st deadline. Anybody know of any procedure to request some more time. And what shall I do about the bank statements. Please advice ASAP.

Thanks

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:39 pm

Did the statements you provided have the bank's logo on?

Deepshithole2010

Post by Deepshithole2010 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:54 am

I had this issue when my wife applied for her dependent visa long time ago,where HSBC printed out the statement and then stamped it. I had to go go back and request the branch to print the statement on their letterhead which did the job.

But I believe banks are very strict nowadays and don't do anything which is against the bank's policy of printing duplicate statements etc.

My advice is as follows......
1) Try to get bank statement on their letterhead

2)If that fails then get the same updated statement again from your bank with a letter from your branch confirming your balance from the specific dates as required in your application.

3)If both of the above fails (which is unlikely!),rather than printing the statement from your branch call up your bank straightaway and request them to post your up to date statement give them the start and end date and they should post you the original statement.

Hope this would help you.

Good luck!

subujoseph
India

thanks

Post by subujoseph » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:32 am

thank you guys for the reply.

the original statements that i submitted did not had the bank's logo. but it was printed in the bank and it has the official seal of the bank.

i have requested for a new set of statements. but my concern it this. they have given a deadline of 1st october. as you all know it would take at least 5 working days for the statements to come and then another 4-5 days to reach india. so i am afraid it will be later that the said date i.e. 1st october.

is ther any way that i could request an extension for the date? will then grant an extension based the above difficulty.

please advice.

thanks.

Deepshithole2010

Post by Deepshithole2010 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:08 am

You should have asked them to post your statement to your branch rather than your home address, its a lot quicker (think mine took 2 days).

Ask your wife to write to the caseworker in case she is not able to submit the original by the deadline and really its up to the discretion of the case worker whether he/she wants to wait or decide your application on available evidence.

Worst case scenario even if her application is refused she could always make a fresh application :D