ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent advice

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Jellybean123
Newly Registered

Urgent advice

Post by Jellybean123 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:04 pm

Hi all.... I need some urgent advice please! I'm married to a British national is the requirement for citizenship still to be married for three years before applying? Somebody told me that they have read on a site that apparently after 6 July 2012 you now hav to be in the country for six years is this true? Can anyone please give me some urgent advice please...

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:45 pm

Not sure what is so urgent as your application has been with the HO two months already.

Nothing has changed with regards to naturalisation. What has changed is the period for settlement (ILR) as a spouse of BC - from 2 years to 5 years. As ILR is required for naturalisation, this effectively pushed naturalisation further by several years.

This should not affect you.

Jellybean123
Newly Registered

Post by Jellybean123 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:51 pm

The reason I said urgent cos if this was gona affect me I would have had sleepless nights till I got my application back cos it's a lot of money to loose and I was worried I miss read something that's all. Thank you for replying so quick tho!