ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying 2 months early

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Sezzoh
Newly Registered

Applying 2 months early

Post by Sezzoh » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:39 am

Hi,

UKBA is 3 months behind in review application according to the website processing time. Is it worth applying 2 months before visa is expired (Dec 2012)?

Worse case scenario applying within the 30 days - takes 3 months and rejection decision wouldn't give any time for reapplication would it! I don't fully understand the rule of overstaying. all I know while my application is being considered my visa is 'extended'.

Thanks

ARUNLAL
Mood:
India

Re: Applying 2 months early

Post by ARUNLAL » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:19 am

Sezzoh wrote:Hi,

UKBA is 3 months behind in review application according to the website processing time. Is it worth applying 2 months before visa is expired (Dec 2012)?

Worse case scenario applying within the 30 days - takes 3 months and rejection decision wouldn't give any time for reapplication would it! I don't fully understand the rule of overstaying. all I know while my application is being considered my visa is 'extended'.

Thanks
Most of the Potal application is taking more time (2 -3 months) , It's upto you when to apply as per UBA 30 days before applying is suggested. If your visa rejected then you will still have time allocated for the appeal. Kindly see UKBA site for more details.

muhandis.ak

Re: Applying 2 months early

Post by muhandis.ak » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:44 am

If your application is rejected BEFORE your visa expiry date, you do not have the right to appeal. However, you can put in a fresh application.

If your application is rejected AFTER your current visa expires, you have an automatic right of appeal (to be lodged within 10 days). Your right to live and work in the UK continues under 3(c).

Given the current rate of processing, applications are taking over 3 months (from the date of postage) to be considered by the caseworker.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary
Sezzoh wrote:Hi,

Thanks

Sezzoh
Newly Registered

Post by Sezzoh » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:40 am

Thank you for your feedback :)!