ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

when can my hubby apply for irish citizenship

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

erin85
Newly Registered

when can my hubby apply for irish citizenship

Post by erin85 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:40 pm

My hubby and i got married in oct 2009, he moved to northern ireland in march 2011, we want to apply for for irish citzenship based on him being married to me ( and irish citizen) can u tell me when can we apply? im thinking its going to be around march 2014 when he has been here 3 years am i right?

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:02 am

Where did you get married?
Where did you live after you were married up until now?
Where are you living now?

These answers are needed before we can answer your question.
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

erin85
Newly Registered

Post by erin85 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:09 am

we got married in turkey in oct 2009, hubby moved to n.ireland march 2011 and is still here now

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:16 pm

He has to be living in (the Republic of) Ireland with you for 3 years in order to be eligible to apply for Irish citizenship. Northern Ireland is classed as the UK so he would only be able to apply for British citizenship after the required time and on his own basis, unless you have dual (British) nationality.

What residency permission has he got in Northern Ireland?
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

erin85
Newly Registered

Post by erin85 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:59 pm

i think you have the wrong information, my friends husband who is also turkish has been living in northern ireland for 5 years and got his irish citizenship last year, its based on ur marriage to and irish citizen and although the northern ireland is classed as uk my hubby is still eligable for irish citizenship without having to live in republic of ireland, my husband is here on a eea residence card as a spouse of and eu citizen.

milandra2000
Newly Registered

Post by milandra2000 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:42 pm

you and your husband just need to be living on the Island of Ireland for 3 years before you can apply for Irish Citzenship. If he is living with you in Northern Ireland since 2011 then you can apply in 2014. You do not have to be living in the Republic.

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:05 pm

See the conditions in the form here (ie 3 years on the island of Ireland - as stated before): http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Form%208 ... 202012.pdf
If your application is based on marriage to or being the civil partner of an Irish citizen:

Copy of documentary proof of Irish spouse’s/civil partner’s entitlement to Irish citizenship (certified copy of Irish spouse’s/civil partner’s birth certificate if born in Ireland / certified copy of foreign birth register entry / spouse’s or civil partner’s parent’s birth certificate if latter was born in Ireland / certified copy of naturalisation certificate / certified copy of passport page with photograph).

Certified copy of marriage certificate / civil partnership registration**. NOTE: If your civil partnership was registered in a country other than the State, then recognition of this relationship by the State is determined by reference to the Civil Partnership (Recognition of Registered Foreign Relationships) Order 2010. You should satisfy yourself that your registered relationship is recognised before making an application based on being the civil partner of an Irish citizen.

The relevant sworn affidavit (at the back of this application form) must be completed by the Irish spouse/civil partner in the presence of a legal witness after you have signed the statutory declaration (Commissioner for Oaths, Peace Commissioner, Notary Public or Practising Solicitor).

Copies of 3 different proofs of residence in the island of Ireland for both applicant and spouse/civil partner for 3 months prior to the date of application showing date and name and current address. Proofs include household bills (gas, electricity, phone or cable/satellite TV), bank statements, revenue, mortgage agreement, social welfare, letter from employment, doctors letter etc.

Evidence of residency permission i.e. a copy of your passport(s) showing residency permission stamps for a period of 1 year immediately prior to the application and 2 years in the 4 year period before that, equalling 3 years in total, or alternatively proof of residence in the island of Ireland for this period. Please submit three different proofs of residence for each year showing your name and address and date of issue i.e. household bills (gas, electricity, phone or cable/satellite TV), bank statements, revenue letters, mortgage agreement, social welfare, letter from employment, doctors letter etc.**