ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Salary Increase Work Permit Holder Same Employer&Positio

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hsmporwp

Salary Increase Work Permit Holder Same Employer&Positio

Post by hsmporwp » Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:53 am

if the salary has increased since the approval of the work permit (2003). is it required to inform home office about these changes (in terms of technical changes)?

please bear in mind that the increase was %8 in 3 years time so nothing substantial.

Because with the new salary i fall into another wage category that qualifies me for HSMP... But also i do not want to have trouble because of this increase.

i would appreciate your comments.

thanks

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:11 pm

No need to inform unless the increase is based on a substantial change in your job/ role that would fall in the realms of a 'new job'/ technical change. What a generous employer you have :lol: .

hsmporwp

Post by hsmporwp » Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:17 pm

yeah "too" generous :lol:

so as far as i can understand I can apply to HSMP wiht the new salary;

sounds like good news...

Thanks for your prompt reply.

nadnan09
Newly Registered

salary increase work permit

Post by nadnan09 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:01 pm

My job is same and salary increased by 40% but on the basis of sheer performance.

does this becomes an issue as my employer has supplied everything and all the performance review letters.

please reply with thoughts

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:44 pm

Salary change is only relevant if the salary has DECREASED below the amount mentioned in your work permit. The Home Office doesn't care about salary increases.
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

magsi23
Member of Standing

Re: Salary Increase Work Permit Holder Same Employer&Pos

Post by magsi23 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:52 pm

hsmporwp wrote:if the salary has increased since the approval of the work permit (2003). is it required to inform home office about these changes (in terms of technical changes)?

please bear in mind that the increase was %8 in 3 years time so nothing substantial.

Because with the new salary i fall into another wage category that qualifies me for HSMP... But also i do not want to have trouble because of this increase.

i would appreciate your comments.

thanks

HO are very strict on WP holders, however as mentioned by others there should be no issue with your case.

A friend of mine just changed location within the same company because he was promoted (after working 3 years) and he had to make fresh application for WP and was refused. Unbelievable
Magsi

ks
Newly Registered

salary change

Post by ks » Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:03 pm

hi,

my employer has applied for extension of my work permit which was approved for 18 months originally.

During 18 months my salary increased by 15 % and there was no promotion. Same duties and responsibilities but this increase was entirely performance based and company made profits too so they increase their budget and paid more salary for my job title.
After a month of applying, HO turned and asked the reason of 15% increase and my employer gave satisfactory answer. Its been more than a week and we are awaiting their decision.

Do you think 15% increase in salary will be a problem?

regards

dnicky
Member of Standing

Post by dnicky » Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:43 pm

During 18 months my salary increased by 15 % and there was no promotion.
15% salary increase in 18 months !!! Irrespective of how efficient you are, to get this much hike I've to say you are damn lucky to work for such an employer.

ks
Newly Registered

salary change

Post by ks » Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:56 pm

dnicky:

may be i was lucky but i never wanted it on the cost of my work permit extension being rejected.

do you think there will be any problem...does HO care for it?

i just have one month left and getting little worried....

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:06 pm

Hello ks

There is guidance for caseworkers about what to do if the WP holder's salary has increased. They do not like huge increases and bonuses (that were not on the advert & application form) because if that was originally on the advert, more people could have applied for the post. You will just have to wait & see the result.

Caseworker guidance for change of employment applications
Different job, same employer
A change of employment application is required where there is a substantial change to terms and conditions of the employment for which a work permit has previously been approved. Caseworkers should ensure that a labour market search has been carried out for applications where any of the following circumstances occur except for Tier 1 applications:
• the permit holder’s salary has significantly risen in addition to any annual increments, as a higher salary is likely to attract more applicants when the post is advertised appropriately (if the salary has risen only because of annual increments, it may be appropriate to consider any such application under the technical change of employment category). .............................
Different job, different employer
Normally, caseworkers should expect to see evidence of advertising in support of such an application unless it is in the Tier 1 category. Caseworkers should also pay attention to the level of the new job and whether the person has the required qualifications, experience and skills to do the job in such circumstances (see Skills Criteria (worker) and see Qualifications of the Worker/ Experience of the Worker).
Caseworker guidance for extension applications
The salary has changed significantly since the original application - Caseworkers should check whether the permit holder’s salary has significantly increased since the initial application. If the salary has risen only because of annual increments it may be appropriate to consider the application as an extension. However, where this is not the case, a higher salary is likely to attract more resident applicants, therefore the employer should be required to advertise the post and thereafter complete a fresh WP1.
15% is large, but on the other hand it is over an 18 month period.

PP

ks
Newly Registered

salary change

Post by ks » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:22 pm

hi, i would request if any body with the similar case who got his extension approved can come up and advice me.....

atleast it will make me feel better....

just remember it was around £4000 increase and there was no promotion hence no change in duties or responsibilities.

i will appreciate quick reply...

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Do not worry too much. If it is refused, probably the only thing that would need to be done is the employer would have to advertise the post again to see if anyone wants the job.

I guess it is an extension for an employer that has not been operating in the UK for long?

PP

ks
Newly Registered

salary change

Post by ks » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:47 pm

thanks for your swift and prompt reply.

i m worried because my leave to remain expires in mid august and if my extension is refused... do you think i have to go back to my country till my employer advertises again?

or can i still apply for visa and live here?

regards

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:00 pm

It all depends

If your role is professional, perhaps your employer could advertise on somewhere like Reed - the free recruit part asap. That way the ad would be on there just in case the application is refused.You need to talk to them about the case, there may be other reasons for the delay.

An ad has to be live for a week & then the employer has to wait for 28 days for a response from when it was first posted. If they get the WP application in before you leave runs out, then you can put an application in for leave on FLR(IED) saying that the wp is to follow. It hasn't got to that yet.

There is still time for you to apply!!

Let us know what your employer says.

PP

ks
Newly Registered

salary change

Post by ks » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:19 pm

in case i am refused extension can the job be advertised on internet or it has to be newspaper?

because i read somewhere, on internet its sufficient for 1 week which will save time....am i right?

ks
Newly Registered

salary change

Post by ks » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:53 am

can anybody reply on my "advert" question

"in case i am refused extension can the job be advertised on internet or it has to be newspaper?

because i read somewhere, on internet its sufficient for 1 week which will save time....am i right?"

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:42 pm

See theguidanceon theUKBA website:
70. If you use Internet advertising or any other way of recruiting, please send an explanation of why you consider this to be the most appropriate way of recruiting people in the EEA and evidence to confirm the method used, for example, invoices.
71. You will also need to demonstrate to us that the post on offer has been advertised on the Internet for a minimum period of one week and that the site used was the most appropriate.

AA2
Newly Registered

Post by AA2 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:13 am

Dear All,
I am promoted from junior engineer to Enginner after 21 months with 5.5 % salary rise in addition to annual rise .IS THIS A TECHNICAL CHANGE or CHANGE OF EMPLOYMENT?
If Change of employemnt refused then CA I continue working on my old work permit of Junior engineer?

PLEASE Reply and comment
Thanks