ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) Application processing time

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

atim
Newly Registered

FLR(M) Application processing time

Post by atim » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:11 am

Hi

I submitted FLRM application in november 2011. I recieved the biometrics in december and they also sent a letter asking abiut the dates of marriage missing on application form wwhich my solicitor sent back within time. Since then i have not heard any response from them. My solicitor has sent a couple of letters to them but no response.
I am very worried and concerned. Can anyone suggest what i should do now.

Thanks

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:29 am

1. Contact your MP to request his assistance in figuring out why your application has taken so long and in expediting a decision.
2. Make a formal complaint.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

atim
Newly Registered

Post by atim » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:25 am

sushdmehta wrote:1. Contact your MP to request his assistance in figuring out why your application has taken so long and in expediting a decision.
2. Make a formal complaint.

Thanks for your advice. I spoke to my lawyer and he said contacting MP is useless. it used to be useful in the past but now home office dont listen to them. so i should file a letter of claim telling them if they dont process my case soon, they would go to court. He said he would charge me £700 for that letter.

Is it fair for them to charge me sooo high for the letter? please advise me.
and If i go the my local MP, do i need to take my whole file to them or just acknowledgement letter for the reference?

Thanks

san2014

Re: FLR(M) Application processing time

Post by san2014 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:57 pm

Hello everyone,
I need help as am going to apply for marriage visa and I have only 1 week left to complete all the documents.

Short story,I have been living with my partner for more than 4 years and we have a baby (6 months old. The baby hold the British passport.
I have student visa and my partner has ILR card .
what kind of documents do I have to provide please?
Help me please I have only 1 week left to send the documents
Also how long does it take to receive the visa (one day service)

Thanks a lot

Casa

Re: FLR(M) Application processing time

Post by Casa » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:30 pm

You've posted in a 3 year old thread. However, here's the link to the FLR(M) guide. Does your partner earn a minimum of £18,600 per year (you can include your earnings if any)? You need to submit strong documented evidence that you have been living in a relationship 'akin to marriage' for at least 2 years.
An application submitted in person will be £1049. If your application is valid you should receive a decision on the same day. If you apply by post, your legal status will remain the same while you are waiting for a decision as long as you apply before your current visa expires. Assuming your student visa is about to expire, you will also have to pay the full rate NHS Surcharge of £500 before submitting the application.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _04-15.pdf

NHS surcharge link: https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid ... +surcharge
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.