ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HMRC tax issue

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bobobo

HMRC tax issue

Post by bobobo » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:21 am

Hi Guys, I am about to apply for Naturalisation next week using NCS. I have a question I need to check. I am a contractor working for an INv Bank via my limited company. so I have just provided my Self Assesment ref number on the AN form. I have the statement from HMRC which shows I have paid £35k in Self Assesment taxes for the previous Financial Year and I they owe me £1.12, nect payment is due on 31 January 2013 for £20k but havent filed the return yet. However From my pervious employment HMRC feel I underpaid taxes in range for 5K and 2 K, so I have been paying these to HMRC in installments (without fail) for a year and a month respectively(2 seperate issues).

1.Would this be a problem when the HO checks with HMRC to find out if my taxes are in order since I am paying my dues in installments?
2. I have just provided my Self Assesment Ref Number and NOT my PAYE ref in the AN form, is that fine as I dont pay any NI or TAxes (take a salary of about 8k a year and rest in dividends ) hence the high Self Assesment tax.

Please let me know your thoughts on this.
thanks

ceem
Newly Registered

Post by ceem » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:48 am

It should not be a problem as long as a payment plan is set up with HMRC. They can check with the tax office using your NI number if you have provided one in your application

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:32 pm

cheers dude for the reply.
Also if I just put the Self Assesment Ref Number down and NOT the PAYE that should fine correct? I imagine there should be no issues as I pay Self assesment and no Tax and NI under PAYE
ceem wrote:It should not be a problem as long as a payment plan is set up with HMRC. They can check with the tax office using your NI number if you have provided one in your application

ceem
Newly Registered

Post by ceem » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:07 pm

That should be okay too. I am sure you would be paying tax on your dividents which would show up under your NI number. Moreover if you have a limited company that would be registerd with your name as one of the directors and you would be paying corporation tax in it too. As long as things are in order you should not be worrying about this aspect of process too much much. Best of Luck.