ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

naturalisation as british citizen

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

raheelmulla

naturalisation as british citizen

Post by raheelmulla » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:03 am

Hi. i have laminated my marriage certificate and life in uk test certificate. so do they will except the laminated document when i apply for naturalisation. as i am going to apply through NCS. As i still remember that when i apply for ILR they have accept my life in uk test certificate which was liminated.

So please can someone say me weather laminate marriage certificate will be accepted or not.

hope somebody reply soon!

Thankyou.

bobobo

Re: naturalisation as british citizen

Post by bobobo » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:24 am

why do you feel the need to answer the same question over and over again in multiple threads. its annoying!!
Keep your questions to one thread and they will be answered...
dont waste your and other people's time with multiple posts
raheelmulla wrote:Hi. i have laminated my marriage certificate and life in uk test certificate. so do they will except the laminated document when i apply for naturalisation. as i am going to apply through NCS. As i still remember that when i apply for ILR they have accept my life in uk test certificate which was liminated.

So please can someone say me weather laminate marriage certificate will be accepted or not.

hope somebody reply soon!

Thankyou.

mcovet
BANNED

Post by mcovet » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:49 pm

it is annoying to say the least to see you acting so thick.

anyway, if I were you, I would still go for the NCS appointment as they only take copies of all your documents and in all likelihood will ignore your lamination. Therefore, when the UKBA get your application, it will show copies of your marriage certif and Life in the UK test and they would presume that the person at the NCS had seen the originals (they could not distinguish via a photocopy whether the original was laminated).

So, proceed as planned and in the meantime get another copy of your marriage certificate for the future as wherever you may need to use it, they would demand it be unsealed etc. as normally most originals have watermarks (doubt the life in the UK has one) but the marriage certificates most certainly do! By laminating it, you prevent someone from checking its authenticity. And under no circumstances laminate your Certificate of Naturalisation!!!!!!!

Good luck

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:11 pm

Please keep your queries under one topic.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!