ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Citizen marrying a non EU citizen moving to Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Tinkersweets
Newly Registered

EU Citizen marrying a non EU citizen moving to Ireland

Post by Tinkersweets » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:51 am

Hi forum readers,
I was hoping you could help me as I write this question on behalf of someone.
Their girlfriend is a French national and has gotten a job in Ireland earning 45,000 euro per year, accommodation would be sorted to. The post starts in Jan 2013. The partner is in Bangladesh, he used to live in UK and was on student visa which is how they met. They have been together for over 2 years.
Now they would like to be together in Ireland, now my questions are:
a) How would this be possible - in terms of what application etc to use?
b)Would getting married be the best option, or is it possible to apply as boyfriend/girlfriend or as a fiancee?
c) Should they apply in France for a france spouse or is Ireland ok?

Hope you can help, many thanks!

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:55 am

he should come to ireland with his/her eu partner just make sure they have all the proof living together over 2 years uk bank statment etc etc where they can proof they are with each other over 2 year de facto realtionship than they can apply under eu 1 form there is more info avaible www.inis.gov.ie eu treaty section

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:37 pm

Getting married is the best option, as a marriage is rarely challenged, whereas the de-facto partners are sometimes asked for a lot of proof that they have been partners for a long time.

It is best to get married somewhere other than in Ireland, as the rules regarding getting married in Ireland are annoying.

A valid marriage, contracted somewhere else, is recognised in Ireland. Once married, the EU citizen can ask for their spouse to be permitted to join them.

If either spouse has concerns that the marriage may not be recognised in Ireland,they can re-marry in Ireland.
BL