ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for naturalisation-Myself and my son

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kishorek

Post by kishorek » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:21 pm

Dear Friends,

I am applying for naturalisation for myself and and my son as I completed my first year after obtaining the ILR.

The question is
- Can I apply the naturalisation to my son along with my application, I have this question because some of them in the thread said if the child born abroad then one of the parent should hold a british citizenship before apply for the child naturalisation.

- Final question - Iam within the absent criteria but my child was 342days (2009-2012)outside uk. Will this be a problem.

Thanks for your advise in advance.

Glc

Post by Glc » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:35 pm

Assuming that your son is under 18, If he was born in the uk then once you have obtained ILR, he is entitled to be registered as BC under section 1(3). If he was born abroad then once you apply for naturalisation, you can apply for his registration under section 3(1) along with yours.

With regard to your query about your son's absences in the UK, it is normally disregarded depending on where your child was born. Please read through the FAQ thread posted in this forum for more information.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=95747[/url]

kishorek

Post by kishorek » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:47 pm

Dear Friend,

Thank you so much for your advise. I will check the FAQ thread as advised.

Thanks Again.