ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Nationality Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

paji1034

Nationality Application

Post by paji1034 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:45 am

Hi,

Few questions regarding my British nationality application.

I got my ILR on 1st Nov 2011 based on 5 year WP. After reading various posts I understand I can apply for nationality on 1st Nov 2012.

* I am travelling to Europe on 3rd Nov. I have checked with my local council national checking service and they said it is ok to apply on 1st Nov as home office will get your applicatio non 2nd Nov as they use a courier service. I am not 100% sure it is safe to do. Also I am not sure Home Office receive the posts on Saturdays as 3rd Nov is Saturday.

* Could I ue followingh people as refree for my app

- Group Executive of my company
- Audit Manager

Any help will be much appreciated.

Glc

Post by Glc » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:34 am

You are normally required to be physically present in the UK when HO receives your application; thus, you are requested not to travel within 5 days upon submission of your application. However, if your local NCS confirms that they'd be able to send your application 'immediately', then you may do so. However, personally, I would suggest that you just submit your application once you're back from your travel, if it won't take long.

both your potential referees are qualified professionals. One of them just need to be a holder of British passport.

helpmepleasee
Newly Registered

Post by helpmepleasee » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:17 pm

the HO should receive your application no sooner than the 1st of November, meaning if you go to NCS on the 31st of October, it should be ok as NCS would then send it and HO would get it on the 1st of Nov

correct me if i'm wrong senior members?

paji1034

Post by paji1034 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:08 am

helpmepleasee wrote:the HO should receive your application no sooner than the 1st of November, meaning if you go to NCS on the 31st of October, it should be ok as NCS would then send it and HO would get it on the 1st of Nov

correct me if i'm wrong senior members?
Oh I can see your point but I am not.

Any one can help with this please?

I got my ILR on 1st Nov 2011.

imran22
Member of Standing

Post by imran22 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:21 pm

You might have spoken to call centre staff who probably didn't know much anyway. I applied for my son's certificate and I was told by the person dealing with my application that it will be sent the next day to home office. It might be different for your council.

It also depends on what time is your appointment if it is early morning appointment there is a chance that the application will be sent same day if it is later in the day then I guess it will be sent the next day.