ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success at PEO Solihull, 18 Oct 2012 - HSMP + Tier 1 (G)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nmm

ILR Success at PEO Solihull, 18 Oct 2012 - HSMP + Tier 1 (G)

Post by nmm » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:45 pm

Hello Friends,

By the grace of Almighty Allah me & my family have got ILR application approval on 18 Oct 2012 at PEO Solihull. I wish to offer my thanks to all friends for their help and support during this process.

Our appointment time was 10:30 but we reached there around 9:45. I parked the car at John Lewis car park nearby that is a multi-story car park and only 2 mins walk from PEO.

When we entered the PEO, they confirmed the number of persons and if all came to attend the appointment. Then they asked to show the SET(O) form after which they did the security check and issued the ticket and asked to wait in the waiting area. It was very crowded at that time and we had to wait for 1 & 1/2 hour for our turn.

The CW was a nice gentleman of Pakistani origin who welcomed us with a smile and asked me to give the SET(O) form and passports. He arranged the passports and checked them one by one in detail, then he checked the form quickly. He specially checked the following:
1. Payment page
2. Photographs
3. Page 9 - Category
4. Page 13 - Immigration history
5. Page 18 & 19 - Previous earning

He was making notes of main points and had a checklist with him and ticking the points there.

Then he asked me to show Previous earning docs for which I submitted following:
1. Letter from employer
2. 12 months payslips
3. 12 months bank statements

He just compared the salary figures on the letter with the bank statements, used the calculator and checked the total.

Then he asked for Life in the Uk test and checked it on the computer. He told us that we both studied hard as we both have 24 marks.

Then he asked for cohabitation docs, I told him that I have lots of docs and showed him the list. He asked me to just give docs with Joint name. He only selected following:
1. Letter from GP
2. Council tax bill for last 2 year
3. Certificate of Motor Insurance

Then he asked me for marriage certificate and children birth certificate. I was not expecting to be asked for these docs but I had them in my backup docs so I submitted them.

I was expecting and ready to submit following docs but he didn't asked for it:

1. Evidence of finances
2. Previous approval letters
3. P60s
4. Photocopies of all docs. I spent 3 days photocopying each and every page but I was not asked for even a single page.

Then he told us that he is going to do some checks and will come back after some time. When he came back he told us that he is OK with everything but he needs to do some detailed checks for which it will take around 3 hours as we are 5 applicants. Now we can deposit the fee and do the biometric.

After biometric, at 12:00 pm we have been informed that our fee is cleared and we can go outside and come back after three hours. We had lunch in town centre and explore the town centre and came back at 3pm. At the reception they informed us that our application has been processed and we will receive biometric cards within 7 days. The returned all original papers back and also the approval letters for each applicant.

The whole day took around 5 hours but we really impressed by the professional staff. Everyone was very friendly and cooperative, from reception desk to case worker to cashier and person at biometric counter.

This was the story of the whole day, everyone is welcome to ask any question and I will be happy to help.

Ozair

Post by Ozair » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:18 am

congratulations :)

Think you got the same caseworker as me and innocentdevil!

nmm

Post by nmm » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:53 am

Ozair wrote:congratulations :)

Think you got the same caseworker as me and innocentdevil!
Thanks Ozair,

Yes it looks like that we had the same cw by chance

pied_piper

Post by pied_piper » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:42 am

congratulations nmn on getting ILR. It is good to hear that you had a very good experience at Solihull, waiting for my appointment at Solihull on 14th of November too.

Struggling at the moment with the cohabitation documents with both names on it, wonder what happens if I get the same CW and he doesn't get many cohab docs with joint names. So far, I have got the residency certificate from electoral services for last two years ( individually addressed), the council tax statements, letter from the letting agent with joint names but the problem is that first name is misspelt on the council tax and tenancy agreement both, used 'o' instead of 'u' thanks to the letting agent.

Other cohab docs I have got are:

salary slips - dependent applicant (bearing the home address) for last two years
driving licences for both
marriage certificate
child birth certificate
NHS cards for main, dependent and child.
day care statements for last one and half years ( both names)
car insurance docs for last two years ( both names)
bank statements for main applicant - last two years ( single name)
bank statement for dependent applicant - last two years (single name)

need your advice if these documents would be enough.

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:23 pm

Congratulations Noor. At that moment why you thought employer letter is a part of Previous earning docs.
Thanks

nmm

Post by nmm » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:57 pm

pied_piper wrote:congratulations nmn on getting ILR. It is good to hear that you had a very good experience at Solihull, waiting for my appointment at Solihull on 14th of November too.

Struggling at the moment with the cohabitation documents with both names on it, wonder what happens if I get the same CW and he doesn't get many cohab docs with joint names. So far, I have got the residency certificate from electoral services for last two years ( individually addressed), the council tax statements, letter from the letting agent with joint names but the problem is that first name is misspelt on the council tax and tenancy agreement both, used 'o' instead of 'u' thanks to the letting agent.

Other cohab docs I have got are:

salary slips - dependent applicant (bearing the home address) for last two years
driving licences for both
marriage certificate
child birth certificate
NHS cards for main, dependent and child.
day care statements for last one and half years ( both names)
car insurance docs for last two years ( both names)
bank statements for main applicant - last two years ( single name)
bank statement for dependent applicant - last two years (single name)

need your advice if these documents would be enough.
Thanks pied_piper,

I think you don't need to worry about cohabitation documents. You have got three documents with both names and I think these are enough. You can also get a letter from you local surgery and that add to your list of docs with joint name.

As per my experience you don't need to worry about the spelling mistake as well because they normally ignore these small mistakes. I had the similar issue as on concil tax they used my second name as sir name and there was no sir name on that doc but CW accepted and considered it.

nmm

Post by nmm » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:05 pm

arifahmmed wrote:Congratulations Noor. At that moment why you thought employer letter is a part of Previous earning docs.
Thanks
Thanks Arif,

I don't understand your question

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Re: ILR Success at PEO Solihull, 18 Oct 2012 - HSMP + Tier 1

Post by arifahmmed » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:12 pm

nmm wrote: Then he asked me to show Previous earning docs for which I submitted following:
1. Letter from employer
2. 12 months payslips
For previous earning pay slips and bank statements were enough. Why you add employer letter.

nmm

Post by nmm » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:09 pm

arifahmmed wrote:
nmm wrote: Then he asked me to show Previous earning docs for which I submitted following:
1. Letter from employer
2. 12 months payslips
For previous earning pay slips and bank statements were enough. Why you add employer letter.
That was because my payslips were online and its in guideline that if your payslips are online you need to submit letter from employer for confirmation purpose. So CW just had a look at payslips but used letter to compare salary with bank statements. If your salary slips are on preprinted letterhead you don't need the letter from employer.

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:10 pm

Got it. thank you nmm

p2kin

Post by p2kin » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:43 am

nmm wrote:
arifahmmed wrote:
1. Letter from employer
2. 12 months payslips
That was because my payslips were online and its in guideline that if your payslips are online you need to submit letter from employer for confirmation purpose. So CW just had a look at payslips but used letter to compare salary with bank statements. If your salary slips are on preprinted letterhead you don't need the letter from employer.

Congrats to you nmm..

Were your payslips not signed & stamped? I guess if you have signed & stamped payslips, that's enough too for online ones?? why would you need separate letter?

Also, was there any limit etc on your card? which bank issued it... any transaction queries by bank?

Fairychild

Post by Fairychild » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:47 am

Congratulations! Strange that he asked for marriage certificate. Was your marriage certificate a UK one or certified in UK?

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:49 am

mabrook brother. Just read this.

nmm

Post by nmm » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:49 pm

p2kin wrote:
nmm wrote:
arifahmmed wrote:
1. Letter from employer
2. 12 months payslips

Congrats to you nmm..

Were your payslips not signed & stamped? I guess if you have signed & stamped payslips, that's enough too for online ones?? why would you need separate letter?

Actually my office don't have any stamp so the other option was to get a letter from them.

Also, was there any limit etc on your card? which bank issued it... any transaction queries by bank?

The bank is Llyods TSB. I called my bank a day before appointment to make sure that my payment get through. They noted this somewhere on the database and provide me a phone number incase of any problem. They also told me that normally they don't block transactions from HMRC or Home Office. There is limit of 300£ for cash withdrawal but I am not confirmed about card payments. I didn't get any queries from bank

nmm

Post by nmm » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:53 pm

Fairychild wrote:Congratulations! Strange that he asked for marriage certificate. Was your marriage certificate a UK one or certified in UK?
That's strange for me as well, I have marriage certificate of my home country and I submitted same in HSMP & Tier-1 applications. Although there was no requirements on SET(O) form but that is written in SET(O) that they can ask any document if they want so I kept lots of docs just for backup if required.

nmm

Post by nmm » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:02 pm

Today we have received our biometric residence permit via courier. It's quite similar to debit/credit card with your photo on it.

mziyabo
Newly Registered
Yemen

Post by mziyabo » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:23 pm

nmm wrote:Today we have received our biometric residence permit via courier. It's quite similar to debit/credit card with your photo on it.
Congratulations again, I am still waiting for mine :( . Hopefully I will get it in the next couple days