ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Acknowledgement Letter

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

spoiled brat

Acknowledgement Letter

Post by spoiled brat » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:58 pm

got my acknowledgement letter today however, on the acknowledgement letter it only mentions i submitted a completed application, there is no mention of me submitting the 2 passports along with the application...

i looked at my cousins acknowledgment letter and in that they mentioned receiving his passport ( next to passport there was 1)

should i get in touch with the HO and ask them ? i sent my application through post

thanks

Gyfrinachgar
Member of Standing

Re: Acknowledgement Letter

Post by Gyfrinachgar » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:55 pm

spoiled brat wrote:got my acknowledgement letter today however, on the acknowledgement letter it only mentions i submitted a completed application, there is no mention of me submitting the 2 passports along with the application...
That is a standardised letter, as far as I know it is sent to all applicants without distinction as a mere acknowledgement. It probably is very much automatised and does not normally list what documents you submitted. At least I never saw a letter which did that. It merely states that (on first sight) everything seems to be in order. Consider it a receipt and a confirmation that everything is going well so far - nothing more, nothing less.

By the way, why did you submit two passports? Seems a bit unusual.

Glc

Post by Glc » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:01 pm

When you're sent an acknowledgment letter, HO also confirms that they received your application along with all the documents you sent with it. Otherwise, HO would have specified on their letter what documents they need you to still provide them. you may call HO, though, just to confirm when they sent your documents back, your passports included. Best of luck :)

spoiled brat

Post by spoiled brat » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:11 pm

Gyfrinachgar wrote:
spoiled brat wrote:got my acknowledgement letter today however, on the acknowledgement letter it only mentions i submitted a completed application, there is no mention of me submitting the 2 passports along with the application...
That is a standardised letter, as far as I know it is sent to all applicants without distinction as a mere acknowledgement. It probably is very much automatised and does not normally list what documents you submitted. At least I never saw a letter which did that. It merely states that (on first sight) everything seems to be in order. Consider it a receipt and a confirmation that everything is going well so far - nothing more, nothing less.

By the way, why did you submit two passports? Seems a bit unusual.

on the AL, there are 4 things listed, in front of Application form it says 1, nothing infront of others, i checked my cousins AL (came in Aug) , they listed number of supporting documents 2, passport 1 and application form... hence the concern

i sent 2 passport to prove 5 years residence ? my ilr was on the new passport but it didn't prove 5 years residence, hence had to send the expired passport....(applied on 10 years long stay plus 1 yr ilr

thanks

spoiled brat

Post by spoiled brat » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:13 pm

Glc wrote:When you're sent an acknowledgment letter, HO also confirms that they received your application along with all the documents you sent with it. Otherwise, HO would have specified on their letter what documents they need you to still provide them. you may call HO, though, just to confirm when they sent your documents back, your passports included. Best of luck :)
what you say makes sense, i think i should take a deep breath and take it easy for now, must be a generic letter without them paying attention to detail (saying that i only sent the application form and 2 passports, nothing much tbh)

thank you

Gyfrinachgar
Member of Standing

Post by Gyfrinachgar » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:13 pm

Right, that makes sense. You can call them, can't hurt. I am pretty sure that everything is in order, but no harm in double-checking.

telephone (general): 020 7035 4848 (Mo-Fr 09:00 to 17:00)
telephone (nationality): 0845 010 5200
e-mail (nationality): ukbanationalityenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk

BTW, just checked:my acknowledgement letter doesn't mention any documents.
Last edited by Gyfrinachgar on Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spoiled brat

Post by spoiled brat » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:18 pm

many many thanks, Gyf

your a superstar !

kel
- thin ice -

Post by kel » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:39 pm

mine did mention the docs rcvd (but that was only my passport)

spoiled brat

Post by spoiled brat » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:59 pm

i see, so i will send them an email on the address Gyf provided, this way i will have proof in writing that i did ask just to be on the safe hand side

spoiled brat

Post by spoiled brat » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:27 pm

and this is what i get in return lol

IMPORTANT PLEASE READ AS YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE ANOTHER RESPONSE

Below is information to our most popular enquiries, including links to relevant pages of our website: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/britishcitizenship/

1. Return of Documents

If you have submitted your passport in support of your application for British Citizenship, we generally advise that you should not make any travel plans within 12 weeks of submitting your application.
However, there may be occasions when you need to travel before your application has been decided and will need to request your passport back.

We will try to return your travel documents within 10 working days of you making us aware of your travel plans.

If your expected date of travel is more than 10 days in the future, then contact FurtherNationalityEnquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk to request the return.

If you are due to travel within 10 days, please call 0845 010 5200.

2. Requesting an application form

3. Confirming receipt of applications

It is currently taking 6 weeks to acknowledge all applications.
If you sent your application by Recorded or Special Delivery, its receipt can be confirmed on the Royal Mail website at: Royal Mail

4. Outstanding Applications

5. Current Fees, Payment Information & Balance of Fee’s

6. Confirmation of Nationality Status

Our procedure for dealing with enquiries of this nature has changed. You now have 3 options:

1. You may test the strength of your claim to British nationality by submitting an application for a United Kingdom passport. Advice about the passport application process, and relevant forms, can be obtained at www.ips.gov.uk or by calling the Identity and Passport Service on 0300 222 0000.

2. You may apply to us for a nationality status certificate, using Form NS . Advice about the nationality status certificate application process, and relevant forms, can be obtained from here. A fee of £88.00 will be payable with this application. This fee is non-refundable.

Quick Links to FORM NS , Guide and payment slip.

FORM NS
Guide NS
Payment Slip

3. You may seek advice from a professional legal adviser in private practice. A list of suitably qualified advisers can be obtained from www.oisc.gov.uk or by calling the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner on 0845 000 0046.

7. Requesting a duplicate certificate of naturalisation or registration

8. Proof that you have not acquired British citizenship - Letter of Non-Acquisition

9. Knowledge of Language & Life in the UK

For more information regarding the Life in the UK test and ESOL courses please see the links below:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... ation/kol/

Official Life in UK Test website

10. Acceptable Referees

11. Transfer of certificate of entitlement to the right of abode

12. Notifying a change of address

Unfortunately we are unable to accept notifications of a change of address by email. Should you need to advise us of a change of address please write to us at the address below, providing your Home Office reference number, name, date of birth, nationality and your new address.

UK Border Agency
Department 2
PO Box 306
LIVERPOOL
L2 0QN

13. Amendments required to a certificate of naturalisation or registration

You should be advised to submit your request, with original certificate and appropriate documents, to the following address:

UK Border Agency
ECT1
Department 17
PO Box 306
LIVERPOOL
L2 0QN

14. Allegations/Deprivation of British citizenship

If you have emailed an allegation be assured that we take all information received concerning the actual or potential abuse seriously and any such information is forwarded to the relevant department and investigated accordingly.

We are grateful for the information you have provided. However, we will not be able to advise you of the progress or results of any investigation relating to this information.

If you wish to make an allegation by post, please write to us at the following address:

UK Border Agency
North West Region Correspondence Team
Department 16
PO Box 306
LIVERPOOL
L2 0QN

If you feel that British citizenship has been obtained by fraud, false representation or by concealing facts that would have affected our decision, you can refer this to our deprivation team using a referral form which is available via the following link to Chapter 55 of the UK Border Agency staff instructions:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ch55annexa

You can remain anonymous, but please include as much detail as possible, including home and/or work addresses and postcodes if you have this information.

15. Immigration queries: Further/Indefinite leave to remain & Certificate of Approval.

Please note enquires regarding obtaining entry clearance from abroad is handled by our partners UK Visas, in the first instance please consult their website for further information. You can access their website by clicking here.

16. EEA Nationals & Family Members

If your enquiry relates to an application for residence documents on the basis of being an EEA national or the family member of an EEA national you may find it useful to refer to our website. Visit http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucit ... /applying/ if you are an EEA national; and www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucitizens/family/ for information if you are the family member of an EEA national.

In addition, a checklist is available at: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... cklist.pdf which details the documents you will need to provide in support of your application.

17. Enquiry not Covered

If you are still unable to find the answer to your enquiry then please submit your query to the following email address: FurtherNationalityEnquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk.

Please provide a telephone number where we can contact you regarding your enquiry.

Alternatively if you would prefer to write to the UK Border Agency the address you should send your enquiry to is:

UK Border Agency
North West Region Correspondence Team
Department 16
PO Box 306
LIVERPOOL
L2 0QN

We hope that this information will be of assistance to you.

PS: it feels like someone just slapped you on the face, ha ha