ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can you re-enter the UK on COA?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

newbieholland

Can you re-enter the UK on COA?

Post by newbieholland » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:02 pm

Can someone please tell me what does the COA for EEA2 consist? Is it enough for a visa national to board a flight from outside the EU or they will need to apply for another EEA FP?
"The time to repair the roof is when the sun is shining."

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:24 pm

It's just a letter confirming the HO received the application. It will also state if they can confirm your eligibility to work in the UK.

I doubt it would be enough to convince airline staff to allow the non-EEA national to board a flight.

habibcs

Re: Can you re-enter the UK on COA?

Post by habibcs » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:54 am

newbieholland wrote:Can someone please tell me what does the COA for EEA2 consist? Is it enough for a visa national to board a flight from outside the EU or they will need to apply for another EEA FP?
Legally, can visa national enter in UK with COA while traveling alone (without EEA spouse)?
if yes, with what reference? so that we can show this to airline if required.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: Can you re-enter the UK on COA?

Post by Jambo » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:23 am

habibcs wrote:Legally, can visa national enter in UK with COA while traveling alone (without EEA spouse)?
if yes, with what reference? so that we can show this to airline if required.
Regulation 11 (4) but I doubt that would be enough to convince an airline. They want to see a proof issued by the HO and not a legal reference.