ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I have been waiting for over one year for my ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Haizhou1218
Newly Registered

I have been waiting for over one year for my ILR

Post by Haizhou1218 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:59 am

Hi guys,

I have been waiting for my ilr for over one year now and it was peo services we used. The mp wrote 4 letters already,and every time got the similar response, can anyone got similar situation and give me some advices what should we do, it is frustrated and really don't know what should we do.

Thanks so much in advance.

Ivan

Bash1oo

Post by Bash1oo » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:30 pm

Sorry to hear that, did you try going through a lawyer? I heard UKBA responds better when lawyers write them.

Haizhou1218
Newly Registered

Post by Haizhou1218 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:34 pm

We were using legal representative when we apply initially, and in between they wrote to them for couple of times but they didn't get any response back from ukba.

Even my employer wrote them for 3 times no response at all from them, really don't what we should do now?

Heisgood

Post by Heisgood » Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:30 pm

Haizhou1218 wrote:We were using legal representative when we apply initially, and in between they wrote to them for couple of times but they didn't get any response back from ukba.

Even my employer wrote them for 3 times no response at all from them, really don't what we should do now?
Sorry to hear of your plight. Are you certain the UKBA isn't sending letters to the legal representative address? I successfully used legal representation at peo as I could not get an urgent appointment. Although I was present, I do remember filling out consent forms with the legal reps/lawyer firm details so that in the event that anything further was required by UKBA it would go to them directly. In other words they represent you in success or failure and they should have all correspondence.
“O give thanks unto the LORD; for He is good:” - He helped me conquered Everest (BC)
The long hard slog also call the immigration journey => | WHV | WPermit | ILR | BC | Passport |

Haizhou1218
Newly Registered

Post by Haizhou1218 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:23 pm

They sent the acknowledge letter nothing else . Very difficult to get any kind of progress from ukba.

ramay

Post by ramay » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:31 pm

Haizhou1218 wrote:We were using legal representative when we apply initially, and in between they wrote to them for couple of times but they didn't get any response back from ukba.

strange,.. my solicitor wrote them twice asking about the ILR progress always answer was on the next day..