ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 extension queries (Urgent)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

junaidcg
Newly Registered

Tier 1 extension queries (Urgent)

Post by junaidcg » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:16 pm

Hi There,

I have few doubts about visa extension, would be nice if you guys can help me figure this out, the doubts are here below;

1. Dates:
My Tier 1 visa is expiring on 26th Jan 2013, it was for 3 years received on 27 Jan 2010 from PSW category(I was in U.K, when I got my Tier 1), now since I am planing to do my visa application by PEO. What would be the right date to get appointment for extension approx, to avoid falling into situation of applying for extension again to qualify being in UK for 5 years for ILR.

2. Salary:
Is it true that I can show any 12 months salary of last 15 months from the date of application? I recently got into doing some Self Employment work from September this year and I want to avoid showing my income from sell employment work to avoid complexity in my application. Since I made enough salary employment work.

Thanks,
Junaid

madhumesh
India

Re: Tier 1 extension queries (Urgent)

Post by madhumesh » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:05 pm

junaidcg wrote:Hi There,

I have few doubts about visa extension, would be nice if you guys can help me figure this out, the doubts are here below;

1. Dates:
My Tier 1 visa is expiring on 26th Jan 2013, it was for 3 years received on 27 Jan 2010 from PSW category(I was in U.K, when I got my Tier 1), now since I am planing to do my visa application by PEO. What would be the right date to get appointment for extension approx, to avoid falling into situation of applying for extension again to qualify being in UK for 5 years for ILR.

See Tightening the noose

2. Salary:
Is it true that I can show any 12 months salary of last 15 months from the date of application? I recently got into doing some Self Employment work from September this year and I want to avoid showing my income from sell employment work to avoid complexity in my application. Since I made enough salary employment work.

Yes, You can.
The applicant can claim points for earnings in any single, consecutive -month period during the 15 months before the date of applying.
Thanks,
Junaid

junaidcg
Newly Registered

Post by junaidcg » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:38 pm

thanks for reply mudhumesh, sorry for responding late because I have been trying this damn PEO appointment but still couldn't manage to get one.

Anyway, I guess I should have wrote little simple my question for first point was, if I take appointment more then 28 days ahead appointment, then is it going to cause any issue for ILR, are they going to give me new visa from the date of expiry or they going to simply give me new visa from the date of application.

And regarding salary, do I need to declare in form application saying I am self employed and salary employed both? or just select salary employment, since I am not claiming any points for self employment. but I have to mention about my self employment in cover letter something because they can easily spot the transaction in my bank statement of last three months fund maintenance.

Thanks for help !

madhumesh
India

Post by madhumesh » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:09 am

junaidcg wrote:thanks for reply mudhumesh, sorry for responding late because I have been trying this damn PEO appointment but still couldn't manage to get one.

Anyway, I guess I should have wrote little simple my question for first point was, if I take appointment more then 28 days ahead appointment, then is it going to cause any issue for ILR, are they going to give me new visa from the date of expiry or they going to simply give me new visa from the date of application.

I would prefer to apply with in 28 days as it all depends on case worker and difficult to predict, as you would be better position to argue with them in case to give the visa from data of expiry.

And regarding salary, do I need to declare in form application saying I am self employed and salary employed both? or just select salary employment, since I am not claiming any points for self employment. but I have to mention about my self employment in cover letter something because they can easily spot the transaction in my bank statement of last three months fund maintenance.

If you are scoring point with your salary only, you can keep it simple by claiming point from it only. As far as I see, form does not asks to declare all earnings from every source. Whatever you declare and provide sufficient proof will only be counted towards scoring point. This is my view may be better if others could add on.

Thanks for help !

junaidcg
Newly Registered

Post by junaidcg » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:43 pm

thanks mudhumesh,

guess what I manage to get PEO appointment booked which is big relief, but I got it exactly a month ahead of my expiry, do you think is that going to cause issue or it is reasonable?

Regards,
Junaid

ARUNLAL
Mood:
India

Post by ARUNLAL » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:13 pm

junaidcg wrote:thanks mudhumesh,

guess what I manage to get PEO appointment booked which is big relief, but I got it exactly a month ahead of my expiry, do you think is that going to cause issue or it is reasonable?

Regards,
Junaid
I got PEO just on day before my visa expiry . Dear friend you got enough time .

junaidcg
Newly Registered

Post by junaidcg » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:29 pm

Arunlal, that's my question that I have enough time. if you read my earlier question you will figure out.

junaidcg
Newly Registered

Post by junaidcg » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:37 am

there is a section on tier 1 general form, I don't know what's the right thing to tick here

B26. The applicant should indicate whether they consider themselves to be employed or self-employed:

1. Employed
2. Self-employed
3. Other (eg. students)

I was employed until early September of this year and I have been working as a consultant(self employed) there after since then. Though I am not claiming any points for my self employment to avoid making my application complex, since I make enough points as Employed.

Thanks,
Junaid

junaidcg
Newly Registered

Post by junaidcg » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:14 pm

somebody shed a light on this please

ARUNLAL
Mood:
India

Post by ARUNLAL » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:50 pm

junaidcg wrote:somebody shed a light on this please
If your not claiming points for self employment earning , then its better tick Employee option.

ARUNLAL
Mood:
India

Post by ARUNLAL » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:59 pm

junaidcg wrote:Arunlal, that's my question that I have enough time. if you read my earlier question you will figure out.

If you are sure you can get appoinment in last week of your visa expiry then try , so that you can be sure about the extension start date . Other wise it will dependant on the CW about your extension start date.

It will be based on your requirments ...in other words what are you missing if you do one month ahead -take a wise decision

junaidcg
Newly Registered

Post by junaidcg » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:45 am

Hi Arun,

No I was just trying to avoid chances of getting into situation where I have to do extension again before my ILR which is due in 26th Jan 2015.

Dates:
Current Expiry is: 26th Jan 2013
PEO appointment date for 2 years extension is: 27th Dec 2012
Date of Entry to UK: Applied from UK itself from another category
Qualified for ILR date for five years is: 26th Jan 2015

So, If I get extension from the date I applied, then my new visa will expire by 27th Dec 2014. I will fall few days less to qualify for 5years duration of ILR, which is 26th Jan 2015.

But after looking at following thread seems like you usually get new extension from the date of expiry of current visa not from the date of application, unless you applied more then 3 months ahead of your expiry.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=102549

Thanks,
Junaid

junaidcg
Newly Registered

Post by junaidcg » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:38 am

I have another question and its important one, kindly somebody help me out on this.

I have been in employment payroll so far in UK until September, I decided to start my own consultancy business by forming my own limited company. Now, my PEO appointment is due in few weeks for extension and in my application I am not claiming any points from my consultancy business, but still I thought mentioning about my consultancy business running currently in cover letter something just to avoid any doubts, because they going to find out about it anyway, by looking at recent transaction in my bank account statement.

so my questions are as follows;

1. Should I mention about my Limited company or not? if not then what should i say if CW asked me about current employment situation?

2. If i mention about my business, which started couple of months ago, Do i need to carry all the possible documents for my consultancy business, like share certificate, memorandum, invoices copy and letter from accountant?

Kindly guide me through on this.

Thanks,
Junaid

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:33 am

Why do you want to mention something that is irrelevant? You only have to claim just the minimum amount of earnings, it is not necessary to claim more.

All you are doing is potentially confusing the case worker and opening yourself up for a mistaken decision to be made if you have a cover letter and application form which don't match. Why do you have a cover letter any way? Caseworkers can read your "story" from your application form.

If a caseworker asks you about your current employment, well, tell them about your current employment (confused about what you think you would need to tell them???).

junaidcg
Newly Registered

Post by junaidcg » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:45 pm

hi mulderpf,

yes I am confused little bit, so you saying.. its better I don't say anything in my cover letter or so about my current Limited company buisness, which I started about few months ago. I will only tell them about it if caseworker asked me so?

Thanks,
Junaid

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:43 am

I am saying fill in the application form and let them process that. There's no need to add a cover letter and giving them a bunch of information that they never even asked for...

See this post.